英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第697期:学英语可以听的国外电台
日期:2018-04-12 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1

Mark: Jingjing, have you been keeping up with the news recently?
马克:京晶,最近一直在关注新闻吗?
Jingjing: I like to think so. I listen to NPR almost every morning.
京晶:可以这么说吧。我几乎每天早上都收听NPR的广播。
Mark: National Public Radio? That's where I get my news also.
马克:美国国家公共电台?我的新闻也是从这儿听来的。
Jingjing: Yeah, I find out about stories when they're broadcast on NPR. Then I read more about them online.
京晶:我在广播里能听到都发生了些什么事,然后上网了解更详细的内容。
Mark: NPR is a good place to get news topics. Don't you think it's a little too focused on American news, though?
马克:NPR是个很好的获取新闻的渠道。你不觉得它稍有些过多关注美国本土新闻了吗?
Jingjing: That goes for any national news outlet from any country. BBC might seem to have more international coverage; but sometimes their broadcasts have nothing to do with recent news. Anyway, I like NPR's style.
京晶:任何国家的新闻发布机构都是这样吧。BBC可能看上去有更多的国际报道,但有时候他们的播报跟最近的时事没什么关系。不管怎么说,我还是喜欢NPR的风格。
Mark: How's that?
马克:为什么?
Jingjing: Well, no issue is one-sided. Usually, there's an argument over how the issue should be handled. Even if it's something that doesn't affect me, like American immigration, I like to hear arguments about it.
京晶:没有什么主题是有失偏颇的。通常,一个话题如何把握是会有争论的。即使有些事于我并无太大影响,比如美国移民,我也喜欢收听它们关于此事的讨论。
Mark: What's your favorite show?
马克:你最喜欢的节目是?
Jingjing: I like On Point, because each show starts with an important question about how to make the future better.
京晶:我喜欢On Point,因为每个节目都是以一个重要的问题开场:如何让未来变得更好。
Mark: I like that show also. My favorite is the Indicator, though. I usually catch that on the podcasts.
马克:我也喜欢那个节目。可我最喜欢的是Indicator. 我通常是在播客上听。
Jingjing: Yeah, I have the NPR One app on my phone. I'll tune in to the Indicator next time I'm listening.
京晶:是的,我有NPR One的手机软件,下次我听节目的时候也听听Indicator.
Mark: OK, don't miss anything at Beijing Radio International, though.
马克:好,可别错过北京外语广播的节目哦。
Jingjing: Of course not!
京晶:当然啦。

New words:习语短语

one-sided (adj) (观点态度等)偏向一方的
offering only one opinion, rather than debate or alternate sets of facts
podcast 播客
(noun) an audio recording, usually pretty short, that can be listened to online anytime
app 手机应用
(noun) short for application—software on your smartphone (note English pronunciation)

学英语可以听的国外电台

Dialogue 2

Mark: I asked you about radio news earlier. Do you listen to the radio for music also?
马克:之前问了你关于广播新闻的看法,你也在广播里听音乐吗?
Jingjing: I sure do! You know, I used to host a radio show about music.
京晶:当然了!你知道,我以前可是还主持过音乐节目的呢。
Mark: Yeah, so I was wondering how you caught wind of new artists.
马克:所以我很想知道,你怎么找到那些新晋艺术家的歌曲呢?
Jingjing: Actually, I do most of my listening on apps. That way, I can easily find the songs I like.
京晶:是这样的,我主要在手机软件上听,这样就可以很容易找到我喜欢听的歌。
Mark: Those are pretty good. They don't do much to introduce new artists and songs, though.
马克:那些是挺好的,但是对新的音乐人和歌曲的介绍不太多呢。
Jingjing: No, not really—just the most popular hits. Do you have a recommendation?
京晶:确实,主要是一些大热的流行打榜歌曲。你有什么推荐吗?
Mark: Well, there's one I listen to. I'm not sure you'd like it.
马克:我在听一个,不确定你是否喜欢
Jingjing: Give me the name, and if it's free of charge, I'll give it a whirl.
京晶:告诉我名字吧,如果免费下载,我也去下一个试试。
Mark: Sure. This one's listener-supported. So, like with NPR, you don't have to pay for it or listen to advertisements.
马克:没问题。这个是听众支持的。就像NPR一样,你不需要付费或收听广告。
Jingjing: That sounds ideal. Don't forget to tell me what it's called.
京晶:听上去很理想。别忘了告诉我它叫什么。
Mark: Radio Paradise. They have a website and an app. Just tap the listen button and get started. They choose all the songs for you, just like broadcast radio.
马克:电台天堂。它们有网站和手机应用。点一下听按钮就开始播放了。他们为你挑选所有的歌曲,就像电台播放一样。
Jingjing: What genre do they play?
京晶:主要是什么风格的音乐?
Mark: All, kinds, but a little heavy on classic rock. That's why I thought you might not like it.
马克:各种风格,稍微有一点多的古典摇滚,所以我想你可能会不大喜欢。
Jingjing: I like classic rock. I'll check it out.
京晶:我喜欢古典摇滚,我这就去听。

New words:习语短语

catch wind of something 找出关于某个事件更多的信息
(phrasal verb) find out about something, especially an event
give it a whirl 尝试,试一试
give it a try
tap 点击
select something on the screen of your smartphone (rather than "click" which would be with a mouse on a PC)

分享到
重点单词
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • debaten. 辩论,讨论 vt. 争论,思考 vi. 商讨,辩论
  • tunen. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整 vt. 调整,为 .
  • indicatorn. 指示器,指示剂 [计算机] 指示符
  • alternateadj. 交替的,轮流的,间隔的 v. 交替,轮流
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • outletn. 出口,出路,通风口,批发商店
  • classicn. 古典作品,杰作,第一流艺术家 adj. 第一流的,