TED十佳演讲之败中求胜 温和的成功哲学(10)
日期:2018-03-20 10:18

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

That was fascinating. But how do you reconcile this idea of it being bad to think of someone as a "loser,"
说的真好。你要如何与自己和解,把一个人称为失败者是糟糕的,
with the idea that a lot of people like, of seizing control of your life,
但许多人都想掌握自己的生活,
and that a society that encourages that, perhaps has to have some winners and losers?
一个追求这些的社会难免要有赢家和输家?
Yes, I think it's merely the randomness of the winning and losing process that I want to stress,
是的,我只是想提出在输赢的过程中,有太多偶然,
because the emphasis nowadays is so much on the justice of everything, and politicians always talk about justice.
今日我们太讲求所有事情的正义和公平,政治人物总是在谈论正义。
Now I'm a firm believer in justice, I just think that it's impossible.
我非常支持正义,我只是觉得那不可能。
So we should do everything we can to pursue it, but we should always remember that whoever is facing us,
我们应该尽力,尽力去追求正义,但我们也应该记得我们所面对的,
whatever has happened in their lives, there will be a strong element of the haphazard.
无论在他们人生中发生过什么,偶然总是一个强烈的因素。

温和的成功哲学

That's what I'm trying to leave room for; otherwise, it can get quite claustrophobic.
我希望大家留一点空间这么想,不然真令人有一种幽闭恐怖症的感觉。
I mean, do you believe that you can combine your kind of kinder, gentler philosophy of work with a successful economy?
我是说,你是否相信在这种温和的哲学下可以产生一个发达的经济?
Or do you think that you can't, but it doesn't matter that much that we're putting too much emphasis on that?
还是你认为那不可行?还是我们这样反复提醒人们也不甚重要?
The nightmare thought is that frightening people is the best way to get work out of them,
梦魇是相信恐吓人们是刺激他们发奋的最好办法,
and that somehow the crueler the environment, the more people will rise to the challenge.
或是环境越残酷,就会有越多人接受挑战。
You want to think, who would you like as your ideal dad?
你必须想,你的理想父亲是怎样的?
And your ideal dad is somebody who is tough but gentle.
你的理想父亲往往是严厉又温和的。
And it's a very hard line to make.
虽然这界限很难画定。
We need fathers, as it were, the exemplary father figures in society, avoiding the two extremes,
我们社会需要的模范性人物,是像一个理想父亲,不要走极端,
which is the authoritarian disciplinarian on the one hand, and on the other, the lax, no-rules option.
不要完全集权、纯粹纪律,也不要模糊马虎,乱无规章。
Alain De Botton. Thank you very much.
阿兰·德波顿。谢谢各位。

视频及简介

演讲简介

阿兰·德波顿检视我们对成功和失败的看法,质疑它们所代表的意义。成功都是配得的吗?失败呢?听他机智地解答我们对成功的迷思,帮助我们摆脱势利,重新寻回对工作的热情。


分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • emphasisn. 强调,重点
  • reconcilevt. 和解,调和,妥协 vi. 调和
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • laxadj. 松的,松懈的,不严的 [语]松弛元音的
  • gentleadj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的
  • combinev. 结合,联合,使结合 n. 集团,联合企业,联合收割
  • exemplaryadj. 可仿效的,模范的
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇