向前一步(MP3+中英字幕):第42期 往桌前坐(10)
日期:2018-02-23 19:00

(单词翻译:单击)

When I don't feel confident, one tactic I've learned is that it sometimes helps to fake it.
当感觉不到自信时,我告诉你一个窍门,就是要假装自信。有时候这招很管用。
I discovered this when I was an aerobics instructor in the 1980s
这个诀窍是我在20世纪80年代教健美操时发现的
(which meant a silver leotard, leg warmers, and a shiny headband, all of which went perfectly with my big hair).
(你可以想象我穿着银色的紧身衣、暖腿袜套、发套——这些和我的大蓬头非常相配)。
Influenced by the gospel of Jane Fonda, aerobics also meant smiling solidly for a full hour.
受简·方达信条的影响,练习健美操意味着得整整一个小时保持微笑。
Some days, the smile came naturally.
有些时候,笑容是自然流露的;
Other days, I was in a lousy mood and had to fake it.
有些时候,我心情很糟糕,就不得不假笑。
Yet after an hour of forced smiling, I often felt cheerful.
不过,在强迫自己微笑一个小时后,我常常会觉得快乐了许多。
Many of us have experienced being angry with someone and then having to pretend everything's great in public.
我们中许多人都有过这样的经历:正生着某人的气时,又必须马上在众人面前装出“一切都很好”的样子。
My husband, Dave, and I have our moments, and just when we are getting into it, it will be time to go to a friend's house for dinner.
我和丈夫戴夫就有过这种体会。有一次,当我们两人之间因争吵而导致气氛逐渐紧张时,突然发现不得不去一个朋友家吃晚饭。
We put on our "everything's great" smiles, and amazingly, after a few hours, it often is.
于是,我们便挂上“一切都很好”的假笑容。奇妙的是,在几个小时后,之前的不快都自动消散,一切似乎真的已经变好了。

分享到