(单词翻译:单击)
Squeaks has been asking when we're going to make slime for a really long time now.
吱吱很长一段时间一直问我什么时候制作粘泥 。
And so have our viewers!
我们的观众也这样问!
Well, guess what, Squeaks? Today's the day!
吱吱,你猜怎么着,我们今天就做!
It's gonna be squishy, and smooth, and probably pretty slimy.
粘泥湿软、光滑,而且可能很黏 。
And you can make it with a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home!
你用几种简单材料就能制作,家里可能就有!
First, you'll need a bowl, a measuring spoon,
首先,你需要一个碗、一个量匙,
a stick or plastic spoon for mixing,
一个用于混合的木棒或塑料勺,
a container if you want to store your slime when you're done, and a grown-up to help.
如果你做完想存着黏泥,还需要一个容器,再找个大人帮忙 。
Our slime is going to be made out of regular school glue, baking soda, food coloring, and contact solution.
我们的黏泥将由普通的学生胶、小苏打、食用色素和隐形眼镜护理液制成 。
The contact solution should have something called boric acid in it,
隐形眼镜护理液应该含有硼酸,
which a lot of them do, you can ask a grown-up to help you make sure.
它们很管用,你可以让大人帮你确定 。
All the ingredients we're using are safe to touch, that's the whole point of slime!
我们使用的所有原料都是安全的,这是制作黏泥的重点 。
But it's not for eating.
但它不能吃 。
Now for the fun part: let's start making slime!
现在到了有趣的部分:制作黏泥!
First, pour the whole bottle of glue into the bowl.
首先,把整瓶胶水倒进碗里 。
And I bet you can guess what it's use for!
我打赌你能猜出它的用途 。
You're right! To make it sticky.
没错!为了让黏泥有粘性 。
But maybe not in the way you're expecting.
但也许不是你期望的那样 。
Glue is sticky, but it's still very liquidy.
胶水很黏,但非常稀 。
To make slime, we need to make the glue stick to itself
要制作黏泥,我们需要胶水粘在一起,
so it becomes a big ball of goop we can pull apart and squeeze together.
那样它就算变成了一个大黏球,我们也可以把它拉开或挤压在一起 。
That's what the other ingredients are for!
这就是其他材料的用途了!
Well, except the food coloring.
当然,食用色素除外 。
That's just to make the slime a cool color.
它们只能给黏泥染上酷酷的颜色 。
So the next thing we're going to do is add one tablespoon of baking soda to the glue.
所以接下来,我们要做的就是在胶水里加一汤匙小苏打 。
We'll mix the baking soda and the glue together until it's completely dissolved.
我们把小苏打和胶水混合在一起,直到它完全溶解 。
Then, we'll add a few drops of food coloring and mix it together.
然后,我们添加几滴食用色素,并把它们混合在一起 。
Keep adding food coloring until you make the color you want!
不断添加食用色素,直到变成你想要的颜色!
We're using fushcia.
我们使用的是紫红色 。
Hmmm. I know it's the right color, but does this look like finished slime to you, Squeaks?
嗯,我知道它的颜色是对的,但吱吱,你觉得它像完成的黏泥吗?
Naw, it still looks too liquidy.
它看起来还是很稀 。
What do you think will happen when we add the contact solution?
你觉得我们加完隐形眼镜护理液后会怎么样?
Let's see. I'm going to start adding the contact solution one teaspoon at a time
让我们一起看看 。我开始每次加入一茶匙的护理液,
so we can really observe what's happening.
这样就能观察它的情况了 。
Oh wow! It's really starting to get more goopy!
哇!它开始变得越来越粘稠了!
I'm going to add another teaspoon and keep stirring.
我要再加一茶匙,继续搅拌 。
It looks like the slime is getting even thicker and stickier now.
看起来黏泥变得更加粘稠了 。
It's even sticking to itself!
它甚至粘在了一起!
That's because of the way the baking soda and contact solution we added are changing the glue.
这是因为我们添加的小苏打和隐形眼镜护理液正在改变胶水 。
The little tiny pieces, or molecules, that make up glue are too small for us to see.
组成胶水的小分子太小了,我们看不见 。
But if you could, you'd see that they're a lot like tiny chains.
但如果你能看见的话,会发现它们很像小链条 。
At first, the glue was very runny because the chains were all sliding around each other.
起初,胶水很稀,因为链条都在左右滑动 。
But the baking soda and contact solution made the chains all tangled up!
但是小苏打和护理液使链条缠结在了一起 。
That's why the mixture sticks to itself and becomes more like a ball of slime.
这就是为什么混合物会粘在一起,变得更像一个黏球 。
Once the slime is sticking to itself more than the bowl, you'll know it's almost ready!
一旦黏泥粘在一起,而不是粘在碗上,你就知道它快完成了!
If your slime is still runny,
如果你的黏泥依旧很稀,
keep slowly adding a little more contact solution to the glue and baking soda mixture.
往胶水和小苏打的混合物中缓慢加入更多的护理液 。
Finally, to get your slime to the perfect level of sliminess,
最终,为了让黏泥达到完美的粘稠水平,
you'll have to knead it with your hands, either in the bowl or on a surface that's easy to clean.
你必须用手揉搓它,要么在碗里,要么在容易清洗的表面 。
Keep kneading and stretching and even squishing it together until it's the perfect slime consistency!
一直揉捏和拉伸,甚至把它压在一起,直到达到完美的黏稠度 。
This slime is so cool!
这个黏泥太酷了!
I can form it into a ball and it's almost solid,
我可以把它变成球,它几乎是固态的,
but I can also pull it apart and let it drip down.
但我也可以把它分开,让它滴下来 。
It's almost like the slime is like a solid and a liquid at the same time!
它就像粘液一样,既是固体,又是液体 。
And that's what makes slime so special.
这就是黏泥变得如此特别的原因 。
Most types of liquids only turn solid when they freeze, like when water freezes into ice.
大多数液体只有冻结时才会变成固体,比如水结冰时 。
And most types of solids only turn liquid when they melt!
大多数类型的固体只有在熔化时才会变成液体 。
But slime is different.
但黏泥不同 。
When you just leave it alone, it spreads out in the bowl like a liquid.
你丢下它不管时,它会像液体一样在碗里铺展开 。
Even though the little chains in the slime are connected to each other,
尽管黏泥中的小链条彼此相连,
they can still slide around each other enough to flow like a liquid.
它们仍可以相互滑动,就像液体一样流动 。
But when you press it together or pull it apart,
但是当你把它压在一起或者把它拉开,
the chains get more tangled, and the slime becomes much more like a solid!
链条变得更纠结,黏泥变得更像固体了 。
Just like the oobleck we made one time, remember, Squeaks?
这就像我们制作过的欧不裂,吱吱,你还记得吗?
Yeah! Keep playing around with your slime to see what else you can discover about it!
没错!继续玩你的黏泥,看看你还能发现什么 。
When you're done playing, you can put it away in a container so it doesn't dry out,
当你玩完后,可以把它放在一个容器里,这样它就不会变干了,
and just make sure to wash your hands when you're done.
玩完后要记得洗手哦!
But most important of all: have fun!
但最重要的是玩得开心!
Did you make this slime?
你制作这个黏泥了吗?
What did you learn about it?
你学到了什么?
Ask a grown-up to help you sleave a comment below, or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
找个大人帮忙在下方留言或发邮件至kids@scishow.com 。
We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!