哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第285期
日期:2018-01-18 12:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

What Bendura is coming out against in much of his work is what has become known as the self esteem movement,
班德拉所做的大部分工作是反对人们称为“自尊运动”的活动
or he's coming against what has become known as feel good movement. Alright, so tell a child how great they are, how wonderful they are.
或者说他反对的是被称为“感觉良好运动”的活动。所谓的,告诉小孩他们有多好他们有多棒
Standing in front of a mirror every morning and tell yourself:
每天早上站在镜子前对自己说
hi, gorgeous ten times, and then you will be more successful, your self esteem will be high and you'll be gorgeous.
“你好精神”十遍,你将更成功,你的自尊会提升,你会变得很好
It doesn't work, believe me it doesn't work.
这不管用,相信我,这不管用
I've tried everything. The thing though is that very often,
我都试过,实际上经常
it actually hurts in the long term, it actually hurts self esteem it actually hurts
事实上长期以往会造成伤害,会伤到自尊,它实际伤害了
the motivation of students who are constantly told you are wonderful, you are terrific no matter what.
那些学生的积极性,他们经常被夸奖说"你们很棒","你们都很了不起"
And we'll talk about how we can be more discerning with praise,
我们会讲如何对赞扬更有辨识力
painting

how we can praise in the right way when we talked about the work of Carol Dweck on mindsets in a few weeks.
如何正确地赞扬,在我们过几周谈论卡罗尔·德韦克关于心态的文章的时候
In the meantime, what Bendura showed, what Carol Dweck showed, what many others showed was that
同时班德拉表明,卡罗尔·德韦克表明,还有其他许多人都表明,这还不够
it's not enough, very often, its even detrimental to just give the, you know, positive, positive talk, the positive affirmation.
通常情况,只给你积极的言论,积极的肯定,无论来自外部或内部
Whether it comes from the outside or from the inside, maybe part of the equation, certainly can't be all.
这甚至是有害的,这也许其中的一部分,但不是全部
What Bendura is saying, that rather than talk, we need action.
班德拉说的是,我们需要的是行动而不是空谈
We need to put hard work into whatever it is, we want to be more confident about,
我们对任何事都要付出努力,我们想变得更自信,
and we need to cope. We need to put ourselves on the line. Very simple! Why?
就需要去应对,我们要把自己置于风险之上,很简单,为什么?
Because hard work and coping inevitably leads to success,
因为努力和面对必然能获得成功
more success at least than we had before, when we didn't act and we didn't cope.
至少比以前,以前不行动,不去面对时要成功

课程简介和演讲视频

课程简介:

我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


分享到