BBC纪录片地平线《费马最后的定理》第24期:问题出现
日期:2018-01-03 11:11

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

It was a wonderful feeling after seven years to have really solved my problem, I've finally done it.
七年后真正解决了我的难题,这感觉太好了,我终于做成了。
Only later did it come out that there was a, a problem at the end.
只是后来显示出最后仍存有一个问题。
Now it was time for it to be refereed
现在是时候让它接受审查了
which is to say for people appointed by the journal to go through and make sure that the thing was really correct.
也就是由出版刊物指定的人来查看并确保其真实无误。
So for two months, July and August, I literally did nothing but go through this manuscript,
因此有两个月,7月和8月,我实际上别的没做,只是浏览这份手稿,
line by line and what this meant concretely was that essentially every day,
一行行地看,具体地来说是基本上每一天,

BBC纪录片地平线《费马最后的定理》

sometimes twice a day, I would E-mail Andrew with a question:
有时是一天两次,我会发邮件给安德鲁询问:
I don't understand what you say on this page on this line.
我不明白这一页这一行你的意思。
It seems to be wrong or I just don't understand.
它看起来有误或只是我还不了解。
So Nick was sending me E-mails and at the end of the summer he sent one that seemed innocent at first. I tried to resolve it.
尼克给我发了很多邮件,而在夏末他发的一封初看起来没有什么,我努力来解决它。
It's a little bit complicated so he sends me a fax, but the fax doesn't seem to answer the question,
因为有些复杂,他给我发了一份传真,但这份传真看起来没能回答问题,
so I E-mail him back and I get another fax which I'm still not satisfied with,
因此我给他回邮件,我又收到另一份传真,而我仍不满意,
and this in fact turned into the error that turned out to be a fundamental error
这实际展现出了一个错误,而且经发现是个基本错误,
and that we had completely missed when he was lecturing in the spring.
他在春季进行讲座时我们完全忽略了的。

视频及简介

本片从证明了费玛最后定理的安德鲁·怀尔斯开始谈起,描述了费玛最后定理的历史始末。


分享到