BBC纪录片地平线《费马最后的定理》第20期:向朋友透露好消息
日期:2017-12-21 13:23

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The lectures revealed no errors and still none of his colleagues suspected why Andrew was being so secretive.
讲课中没有错误的迹象,而他的同事们无一怀疑过安德鲁为何会如此保密。
Maybe he's run out of ideas.
也许他想法枯竭了
That's why he's quiet, you never know why they're quiet.
因此他很安静,你从不了解他们为何安静。
The proof was still missing a vital ingredient, but Andrew now felt confident.
证明仍缺少一个至关重要的成分,但安德鲁现在自信满满。
It was time to tell one more person.
是时候要告知另一个人了。
So I called up Peter and asked him if I could come round and talk to him about something.
于是我打电话给彼得,问他我可否来一趟以和他谈些东西。

BBC纪录片地平线《费马最后的定理》

I got a phone call from Andrew saying that he had something very important he wanted to chat to me about,
我接到安德鲁来的一个电话,说他有个非常重要的事情想来和我谈谈,
and sure enough he had some very exciting news.
他肯定有了什么非常让人兴奋的消息
I said I think you better sit down for this. He sat down.
我说我觉得你最后坐下谈。他坐下了。
I said I think I'm about to prove Fermat's last theorem.
我说我认为我将要证明费马最后定理了。
I was flabbergasted, excited, disturbed.
我大吃一惊,又兴奋,又不安。
I mean I remember that night finding it quite difficult to sleep.
我的意思是,我记得那晚相当难以入睡。

视频及简介

本片从证明了费玛最后定理的安德鲁·怀尔斯开始谈起,描述了费玛最后定理的历史始末。


分享到