"诺曼门"设计师脑子进水了吗
日期:2017-11-22 17:20

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
mS2%pfSZ5W~XK7gdJcXb8GKItR=]

There’s this door on the 10th floor of the Vox Media office that I hate so much. Goddammit!
沃克斯传媒10楼有一扇我非常讨厌的门hom6_9MPJEuytI。我去!
Do you ever get this door wrong? Pretty regularly.
这个门你有没有开错过?经常开错
Have you seen people misuse it? All the time everyday. Constantly.
你有没有看到过大家开错这扇门?经常看到啊,每天都是,不停有人开错
I hate this door. Me too Kelsey. But here’s the thing:
我讨厌这扇门,我也是,凯斯莉(=i7djCz0u8Q4#_5^sr。但是问题是:
As soon as you start looking for confusing doors.
一旦你去找那些让人困惑的门
They. Are. EVERYWHERE. It's push.
你就会发现它们无!处!不!在!是推的
Why? I feel like Roman Mars would know why.
这是为什么呢?我猜诺曼·马斯应该知道原因
This is 99% Invisible, and those doors you hate are called "Norman Doors".
这里是99% Invisible栏目,你讨厌的这种门其实叫“诺曼门”
What’s a Norman Door? Don Norman wrote THE essential book about design.
“诺曼门”是个什么鬼?唐纳德·诺曼有一部设计学方面的经典著作——《设计心理学》
He is the ‘Norman’ of the ‘Norman Door"
“诺曼门”里的“诺曼”就是指他
Alright – and where is this guy?
那好吧……那他现在在哪里?
You Must Go to San Diego. Okay!
你可以去圣地亚哥找他pm[mX;GyJMG。好的
Hi Joe! Hey. I’m Don Norman. I’m… gee, you know, it’s hard to describe what I am.
你好,乔!你好Hb]K9dVo9]Fm.Ww(p)T~。我就是唐纳德·诺曼tN!H(v3HU]1TH6pd9R。我是……天啦,感觉好难介绍自己啊
Well, he’s been a Professor of psychology, professor of cognitive science,
好吧,他当过心理学教授,认知科学教授,
professor of computer science, a vice president of advanced technology at Apple.
计算机科学教授,还是苹果公司先进技术部副总裁
But for our purposes
但是只说跟我们这个问题有关的
I was spending a year living in England,
我在英国待过一年
and I got so frustrated with my inability to use the light switches and the water taps
那个时候我感觉灯的开关和水龙头用起来特别费劲
and the doors even, that I wrote this book.
开门尤其费劲,所以我就写了这本书
If I continually get a door wrong, is it my fault?
如果我经常开门开错的话,是我的问题吗?
No. In fact, if you continually get it wrong, it is good if the other people continually get it wrong.
不是,如果你经常开错,别人也经常开错的话,那就不是你的问题
Good sign that is a really bad door.
很有可能是那个门的设计有问题
A norman door is one where the design tells you to do the opposite of what you’re actually supposed to do,
诺曼门就是那种设计的开门方式和实际的开门方式恰恰相反
or gives the wrong signal and needs a sign to correct it.
或者让你产生一种错觉,所以必须有标识来纠正这种错觉的门
Why does it need an instruction manual?
为什么开诺曼门需要操作提示呢?
That is, why do you have to have a sign that says Push or Pull.
也就是说,为什么一定要贴一个“推”或者“拉”的提示呢?
Why not make it obvious?
为什么不弄得更显而易见一点呢?
It can be obvious if it’s designed right.
其实是可以的, 如果设计没问题的话
是是是

ImGF3IJ29]xF

There are a couple really basic principles of design, and one of them i’ll call discoverability.
设计有一些基本的原则,其中一个原则我称之为“可发现性”
When I look at something, i should be able to discover what operations i can do.
当我看到一个东西的时候,我要能够发现我应该怎么操作
The principle applies to a whole lot more than doors.
除了门,这一原则还可以应用到很多其他设计上
And it’s amazing with many of our computer systems today,
今天我们很多的电脑系统啊
you can look at it and there’s no way of knowing what’s possible.
看着这些电脑,你根本就不知道可以怎么操作,这是很惊人的
Should i tap it once, or twice, or even triple tap?
我应该单击呢,还是双击呢?还是三连击呢?
So, discoverability, when it’s not there, well you don’t know how to use something.
所以,当设计缺乏“可发现性”的时候,你就不知道该怎么用那个东西
Another is feedback.
另外一个原则是反馈
So many times, there’s no feedback – you don’t know what happened, or why it happened.
很多时候,根本就没有反馈,你不知道发生了什么,也不知道怎么发生的
And these principles form the basis of how designers and engineers work today:
就是这些原则构成了今天设计者和工程师们工作的基准:
commonly known as User- or human-centered design.
也就是通常所谓的“用户中心/人本设计”
I decided at one point user was a bit degrading, why not call people people?
我觉得,从某种程度上来讲,说“用户”有点儿不光彩,为什么不把“人”直接说成“人” 呢
And it’s amazingly simple, and amazingly seldom practiced.
这种叫法多简单呐,但实际上真这么叫的人少得可怜
We call it iterative because it goes around in a circle.
我们说设计是一个反复的过程,因为它是一个环状的过程
We go out, we observe what is happening today, we observe people doing their task.
我们走出去,观察今天发生的事情,观察大家所做的工作
And from that, we say "oh, we have some ideas."
从这些观察中,我们感觉到,“哇,有想法了”
Here’s what we propose to do.
这就是我们接下来要做的事情了
Then you prototype the solution, and test it.
先拿出初步的解决方案,然后测试
Quite often these are wrong at first, but each time we go around the circle,
最开始的方案经常都是错的,但是我们每次走完这个流程
we do a better job of making advance until the point we are actually making something that really works
我们都能得到一些改进,直到我们做出一个真正有用的东西
And this process has spread all over the world,
这个设计流程现在已经推广到了世界各地
and it's turned out it's improving lives -
并且正在改善人们的生活——
from better every day things like the ones Don wrote about,
从改进唐纳德书里写到的那些日常用品
to using the process to solve huge problems in public health in developing countries –
到用这一过程解决发展中国家公共卫生领域的一些大问题,比如
water, sanitation, farming, and lots more.
用水、卫生、农耕等等等等
So what’d be a better, human-centered door?
那么,一个更好的、以人为中心的门会是什么样的呢?
An ideal door is one that as I walk up to it and walk through it.
理想的门应该是我走到门跟前,进门
I’m not even aware that I had opened a door and shut it.
但丝毫没有意识到开门关门这一过程的一扇门
So if you had a door which had a flat plate, what could you do? Nothing.
那么,如果你的门是一张平板,你能做什么,你什么都不能做
The only thing you can do is push. So, see? You don’t need a sign.
唯一能做的就是推门2pdzNf&cAijH0eCUD9。现在明白了吗?不需要给你一个标识
Flat plate – you push.
平板式的门,直接推
This kind of push bar with the piece sticking out on one side works well too,
这种一侧有一个推门的门把手的门也很好用
so you can see what side you’re supposed to push on
你就知道该推哪里
Vertical bars could go either way.
垂直的门把手则可能有两种开门方式
A simple little hand thing sort of indicates pull.
有一个小小的把手似乎暗示这个门是用拉的
But we still have terrible, terrible doors in the world. So many of them.
但是世界上还是有很多设计极其极其糟糕的门,而且是非常的多
There are lots of things in life are fairly standardized.
生活中有很多东西都已经标准化了
and therefore, whether I buy this house or not
所以不管我有没有买这个房子
It is not a function of whether it has good doors in it.
这个房子的门设计得好不好都不重要了
So except for safety reasons, doors tend not to be improved.
所以除非是有安全隐患,我们的门可能不会得到改进
But the tyranny of bad doors must end.
然而,必须遏止设计糟糕的门到处妨碍我们
I think that it’s a really shitty design the fact that the put A PULL HANDLE when it’s a push.
明明是用推的,却安装一个拉门的把手,这种设计是非常扯淡的
So it should be a flat panel here. And not a GODDAMN pull handle.
所以这里应该是一个平面,而不是拉门的把手
that’s how i feel about this door. it’s very misleading. I agree.
我的看法就是这样,这种设计是很误导人的 同意
You’re right Becky. You’re goddamned right.
说的没错,贝基,你说的简直太特么对了
And if we all thought like you, well, we might just design better world together.
如果大家都像你这么想,那我们就能一起设计一个更好的世界了
It won't open because it's a security door!
撞不开的,这是防盗门!
What the **** are you two doing in here?
你们他妈的搞什么啊?
Hey, so as you can see, since I started making this video, they've since changed the door a little bit.
嘿,你们看见没,我开始做这个视频以后,他们就对这个门做了一些改进
Guess it's a step in the right direction.
事情应该是在往好的方向发展吧
Thank you so much for watching and To 99% Invisible,
感谢大家观看本期视频,而且,说到99% Invisible
one of my favorite podcasts, it was so much fun getting to collaborate with with them.
这是我最喜欢的播客栏目之一,跟他们合作简直太有趣了
Check them out on any podcast app or 99pi.org.
大家可以去任意的播客平台或者99pi.org收听他们的节目

Y5VSm(Xi5pBs;@aZuge5]*wHeLPoT+Dc1I6sLAy
分享到
重点单词
  • manualadj. 手工的,体力的 n. 手册,指南,键盘
  • verticaladj. 垂直的,顶点的,纵向的 n. 垂直物,垂直的位
  • invisibleadj. 看不见的,无形的 n. 隐形人(或物品)
  • instructionn. 说明,须知,指令,教学
  • sanitationn. 环境卫生(卫生设备,下水道设备)
  • misusevt. & n. 误用,滥用
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • solvev. 解决,解答
  • tyrannyn. 暴政,苛政,专制