TED十佳演讲之入门 内向性格的力量(3)
日期:2017-11-06 11:04

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Now this is what many introverts do, and it's our loss for sure, but it is also our colleagues' loss and our communities' loss.
这就是很多内向的人正在做的事情,这当然是我们的损失,但这同样也是同事们的损失,我们所在团队集体的损失。
And at the risk of sounding grandiose, it is the world's loss.
当然,冒着被指为夸大其词的风险,我想说,更是世界的损失。
Because when it comes to creativity and to leadership, we need introverts doing what they do best.
因为当涉及创造和领导的时候,我们需要内向的人做到最好。
A third to a half of the population are introverts -- a third to a half.
三分之一到二分之一的人都是内向的--三分之一到二分之一。
So that's one out of every two or three people you know.
你要知道这可意味着每两到三个人中就有一个内向的。
So even if you're an extrovert yourself,
所以即使你自己是一个外向的人,
I'm talking about your coworkers and your spouses and your children and the person sitting next to you right now
我正在说你的同事和你的配偶和你的孩子,还有现在正坐在你旁边的那个家伙
all of them subject to this bias that is pretty deep and real in our society.
他们都要屈从于这样的偏见,一种在我们的社会中已经扎根的现实偏见。

内向性格的力量

We all internalize it from a very early age without even having a language for what we're doing.
关于我们正在做的事情,我们从很小的时候就把它藏在内心最深处,甚至都不说几句话。
Now, to see the bias clearly, you need to understand what introversion is.
为了要更加明白这个偏见,我们必须了解什么是内向。
It's different from being shy. Shyness is about fear of social judgment.
内向不是害羞,害羞是无法承受社会眼光的。
Introversion is more about, how do you respond to stimulation, including social stimulation.
内向比较像是你对外在世界的反应。
So extroverts really crave large amounts of stimulation,
外向的人需要很多的刺激,
whereas introverts feel at their most alive and their most switched-on and their most capable when they're in quieter, more low-key environments.
但内敛的人相反,他们对自身感受敏锐,反而在不被注目时最能发挥他们的能耐。
Not all the time -- these things aren't absolute -- but a lot of the time.
偶而会有例外,但大多是如此。
So the key then to maximizing our talents is for us all to put ourselves in the zone of stimulation that is right for us.
所以关键在于去将各人的长才发挥至极致,适才所长,各司其职。

视频及简介

演讲简介

在社交和外向性格备受推崇的文化中,成为内向的人可能会很难,这甚至是可耻的。但是,当你聆听苏珊·凯恩激情澎湃的演讲时,你会发现内向的人给这个世界带来了惊人的天赋和能力,这是值得鼓励和庆祝的。


分享到
重点单词
  • creativityn. 创造力,创造
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • grandioseadj. 宏伟的,堂皇的,浮夸的
  • populationn. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数
  • judgmentn. 裁判,宣告,该判决书
  • cravev. 渴望,热望,恳求
  • extrovertn. 性格外向的人 =extravert
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • biasn. 偏见,斜纹 vt. 使偏心