经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第257期
日期:2017-10-19 11:28

(单词翻译:单击)

"Hold the candle," said Mr. Rochester, and I took it.
"拿着蜡烛,"罗切斯特先生说。
He fetched a basin of water from the washstand: "Hold that," said he. I obeyed.
我取过蜡烛,而他从脸盆架上端来了一盆水。"端着它,"他说。我听从了。
He took the sponge, dipped it in, and moistened the corpse-like face.
他拿了海绵,在脸盆里浸了一下,润了润死尸般的脸。
He asked for my smelling-bottle, and applied it to the nostrils.
他向我要了嗅盐瓶,把它放在梅森的鼻子底下。
Mr. Mason shortly unclosed his eyes. He groaned.
不久梅森先生张开眼睛,呻吟起来。
Mr. Rochester opened the shirt of the wounded man, whose arm and shoulder were bandaged.
罗切斯特先生解开了伤者的衬衫,那人的胳膊和肩膀都包扎了绷带。
He sponged away blood, trickling fast down.
他把很快滴下来的血用海绵吸去。
"Is there immediate danger?" murmured Mr. Mason.
"有生命危险吗?"梅森先生喃喃地说。

经典文学《简·爱》

Pooh! No — a mere scratch. Don't be so overcome, man. Bear up!
去去!没有。不过划破了一点皮。别那么消沉,伙计。鼓起劲儿来!
I'll fetch a surgeon for you now, myself.
现在我亲自给你去请医生。
You 'll be able to be removed by morning, I hope. Jane. he continued. Sir?
希望到了早上就可以把你送走。简。"他继续说。什么,先生?
I shall have to leave you in this room with this gentleman, for an hour, or perhaps two hours.
我得撇下你在这间房子里,同这位先生呆上一小时,也许两小时。
You will sponge the blood as I do when it returns.
要是血又流出来,你就像我那样用海绵把它吸掉。
If he feels faint, you will put the glass of water on that stand to his lips, and your salts to his nose.
要是他感到头昏,你就把架子上的那杯水端到他嘴边,把盐放在他鼻子底下。
You will not speak to him on any pretext, and Richard,
无论如何不要同他说话,而理查德,
it will be at the peril of your life if you speak to her.
如果你同她说话,你就会有生命危险。

分享到
重点单词
  • tricklingn. 油画底色含油太多而成泡沫状突起 v. 流出;使滴下
  • surgeonn. 外科医生
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获
  • faintn. 昏厥,昏倒 adj. 微弱的,无力的,模糊的 v.
  • candlen. 蜡烛
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • spongen. 海绵,海绵状的东西 vt. 用海绵擦拭,吸收掉,抹
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • immediateadj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的