流鼻血那些事儿
日期:2017-10-17 17:18

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Hey there! Welcome to Life Noggin!
大家好,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想!
If you’ve never had a nosebleed before, the first one can be terrifying.
第一次流鼻血总是比较吓人的。
Especially if you’re young when it happens and have no idea what’s going on.
尤其是年纪还很小的时候,你根本不知道怎么回事。
All you know is that blood is leaking out of your face, for no reason.
你就知道你的脸流血了,不知道为什么。
But of course, now that you are older you know that there is a reason your nose started to bleed...
当然,长大一点你会知道你鼻子流血肯定是有原因的。
you were experiencing a condition known as epistaxis.
你在经历的状态叫作鼻出血。
When this occurs, it can be one of two types: anterior or posterior.
鼻出血分为两种,前位型及后位型。
More than likely, you’ll get an anterior nosebleed which is caused by irritation to blood vessels in the nasal septum.
一般情况下,前位型比较常见。鼻中隔的血管受刺激会引起前位型鼻出血。
That’s the part of your nose that separates your two nostrils.
鼻中隔在鼻子中间,隔开两个鼻孔。
And it’s also the part of your nose that can get deviated, which can lead to difficulty breathing.
这个部位容易发生偏曲,造成呼吸困难。
And fun fact: it’s estimated that 80% of people have some type of misalignment to their nasal septum.
还有个有趣的事,据估计,百分之八十的人鼻中隔都会发生某种偏曲。
If I had a nose, I could attest to that, but sadly my face is pretty featureless. As you can see.
流鼻血如果我有鼻子,我就可以验证一下了,但是我的脸真的什么都没有,你也看到了。
But a block can dream!
不过木块也有梦!
Anyway, in the nasal septum is an area called the Kiesselbach plexus,
鼻中隔里有一块区域叫作克氏静脉丛,
where four different arteries come together to form a network of blood vessels.
四条动脉在这里交汇形成血管网。
So, when this area is irritated by either a vigorous blow or a roaming finger, some of the blood vessels may break.
所以这个区域受到刺激的时候,大力撞击也好,手指摩擦也好,一部分血管都会破裂。
And then you get blood running down your face and possibly down the back of your throat.
然后血会流到脸上,甚至有可能流到喉咙后部。
But what about dry air? In the northern hemisphere, winter is coming up and with it comes a lot of nosebleeds.
空气干燥会不会造成流鼻血呢?北半球的冬天要来了,流鼻血的情况会很多。
The decreased humidity and temperature prevent your nose from getting the moisture it needs.
温度和湿度下降,鼻子没办法得到所需的水分。
This then makes the mucous membrane more susceptible to bleeding and...Voila!
这就让鼻黏膜更容易流血。瞧!
You’ve got blood leaking down your nostril.
你的鼻孔在往外流血。
The only thing more unappealing than that is saying the words “mucous membrane.”
更难为人的是说出“黏膜”这个词。
So how do you stop the blood? It’s recommended that you pinch the soft part of your nose for ten minutes,
所以要怎么止血呢?建议你捏住鼻子上软的那部分,捏十分钟,
making sure to keep the nostrils closed. This pressure helps the blood to clot and stops the bleeding.
这个过程中要闭住鼻孔。这个压力会让血液凝固,从而止住血。
Oh, and lean forward during this because otherwise, as I previously mentioned,
在这个过程中还要身体前倾,
blood can leak down the back of your throat.
不然血会流到喉咙后部,我刚才提到过的。
Which you don't want. However, if you are lucky enough to be near a doctor when you get a nosebleed,
你也不想的吧。不过,如果你流鼻血的时候刚好能就近找到医生,
if they can easily see the broken blood vessel,
而他们有能轻而易举地找到破裂的血管,
they may be able to cauterize, or seal, it using silver nitrate. So now your nose...
他们可能会用硝化银给你烧灼一下,或者填塞。这样你的鼻子……
So do yourself a favor and keep all fingers and foreign objects away from your nostrils.
所以照顾好自己,任何异物和手指都远离鼻孔吧。
Your nose and future self will thank you.
你的鼻子和未来的自己会感谢你的。
Have you ever had a nosebleed? Do you get them often?
你流过鼻血吗?经常流吗?
If you're comfortable with sharing let us know in the comments or tell us what we should we talk about next.
如果你愿意分享你的故事,请在下方留言告知我们,或者告诉我们接下来应该聊什么话题。
And if you want even more Life Noggin, check out this video we did on would happen if all cat suddenly died.
更多生命奇想视频,请关注猫灭绝的后果那期视频。
Yeah! Oh and make sure you follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
好了!要在脸书和推特上关注我们哦!
As always my name is Blocko, this is been life noggin, don't forget to keep on thinking.
我是宝高,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想,思考不要停。

分享到
重点单词
  • humidityn. 湿度,湿气
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • vesseln. 容器,器皿,船,舰 n. 脉管,血管,[植]
  • attestv. 证明,作证,为 ... 作证
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • sealn. 印章,封条 n. 海豹 v. 盖印,密封
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • vigorousadj. 精力充沛的,元气旺盛的,有力的
  • irritationn. 刺激,烦恼,刺激物