I've Lost Direction 迷失了自己
日期:2017-10-13 17:06

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's expression is "I've lost direction," from A Hologram for the King.
今天的表达是I've lost direction,出自电影《国王的全息图》。
This film tells about an American businessman.
这部电影讲述的是一个美国商人的故事。
He travels to Saudi Arabia in hopes of selling his company's product to a wealthy ruler.
他出差到沙特阿拉伯,希望把自己公司的产品推销给富裕的统治者。
Let's listen for the expression "I've lost direction."
让我们一起听听I've lost direction这个表达。
Alan, where are you? Why are you not out there?
阿兰,你在哪里?为什么你不过来?
Because nothing is happening.
因为什么也不会发生。
You don't get the king, you're fired!
你没有找到国王,你被解雇了!
What happened to me?
我这是怎么了?
An anxiety attack. You'll be ok. Thank you.
一次焦虑发作。你会没事的。谢谢你。
I've lost direction, I think...
我想,我迷失了方向。

国王的全息图

So what does that saying "I've lost direction" mean?
那么,I've lost direction是什么意思呢?
I need a map to get home or I am not sure what to do next with my life?
是我需要回家的地图还是我不确定我以后的生活要怎么过?
Listen again and see if you are right?
再听一遍,看看你的理解是否正确。
What happened to me?
我这是怎么了?
An anxiety attack. You'll be ok. Thank you.
一次焦虑发作。你会没事的。谢谢你。
I've lost direction, I think...
我想,我迷失了方向。
I've lost direction means you are not sure what to do next.
I've lost direction指的是你不确定下一步要做什么。
It has to do with where you are mentally and emotionally, but not physically.
它与你心在何处有关,而与你身在何处无关。
In the movie, the businessman said he had lost direction.
在这部电影中,这个商人说他迷失了方向。
But with help, he was able to find his way and to move in the right direction again.
但在他人的帮助下,他找到了自己的路,并再次向着正确的方向前进。

分享到
重点单词
  • rulern. 尺子,划线板 n. 统治者,支配者
  • anxietyn. 焦虑,担心,渴望