More To You Than Meets The Eye 远非像你肉眼看到的那样
日期:2017-10-12 14:43

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's phrase is "more to you than meets the eye," from the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
今天的短语是more to you than meets the eye,出自电影《神奇动物在哪里》。
This story comes from the author of the Harry Potter books.
这个故事出自《哈利波特》系列的作者之手。
In the movie, Mr. Scamander is a wizard having adventures in New York City.
在这部电影中,魔法师斯卡曼德先生在纽约城经历了一次冒险。
Watch for the phrase "more to you than meets the eye."
留意一下片段当中"more to you than meets the eye"这个短语。
You're an interesting man, Mr. Scamander.
斯卡曼德先生,你是个很有意思的人。
Just like your suitcase, I think there is much more to you than meets the eyes.
就像你的手提箱一样,我觉得你远非别人眼睛看到的那样。

神奇动物在哪里

So what does that mean "more to you than meets the eye?"
那么,more to you than meets the eye是什么意思呢?
Someone, or something, has hidden qualities or I am glad to see you?
是某人或某物拥有隐藏特质还是很高兴见到你?
Listen again and see if you are correct?
再听一遍,看看你的理解是否正确。
You're an interesting man, Mr. Scamander.
斯卡曼德先生,你是个很有意思的人。
Just like your suitcase, I think there is much more to you than meets the eyes.
就像你的手提箱一样,我觉得你远非别人眼睛看到的那样。
More to you than meets the eye means someone has hidden qualities.
More to you than meets the eye意指某人拥有隐藏特质。
It means someone is more interesting or complex than you might think when you first look at him or her.
它是指,相比你第一次见到某人时留下的印象,这个人可能更有趣或更复杂。
The man thought Mr. Scamander was interesting and maybe hiding something.
这个男人觉得斯卡曼德很有趣且可能藏着什么。
He was right! There was more to the suitcase than meets the eye.
他的看法是对的!手提箱里藏着的远比他眼睛所见的更多。

分享到
重点单词
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • suitcasen. 手提箱
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,