哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第257期
日期:2017-10-12 15:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

And what you are doing here, you are creating a reality
我们所做的,就是创造另一个现实
because you are asking a question such as where has Bush done terrible things or where has Hillary or Obama did terrible things?
因为我们在质疑布什做过什么恶,希拉里或奥巴马做过什么恶
And when we ask these questions, we completely ignore, discard, not see the positives.
当我们问这些问题时我们已经完全忽略抛弃正面的东西
Remember when I ask you about the geometric shapes?
记得我问你们几何性质吗
You didn't see the children on the bus.
你们没看见车上的孩子
Even though they were right there in front your very eyes.
虽然他们就在你们眼前
So we know that questions create reality, and in order to maintain this consistency, we do very often one of these two things.
所以质疑会创造现实,而为了保持一致性,我们常常会采取二者中的一种方法
flower

Either ignore and discard, or seek confirming evidence, positive or negative to back up our schema.
要么忽视抛弃,要么寻找有利证据,无论积极或消极,来支持我们的图式
Hillary, Obama is good or Bush is good or whatever it is that we are thinking about.
是希拉里,奥巴马好,还是布什好或是其他任何看法
The fourth thing is much more directly, creating a new reality.
第4件事直接得多,即创造新的现实
What kind of reality existed before the 6th of May, 1954?
1954年5月6日前的现实是什么
It was reality in which four minutes was the limit of human ability.
当时的现实是4分钟是人类的极限,不可能突破
And what did Edison do, sorry, what did Bannister do?
爱迪生做……抱歉,班尼斯特做了什么
He said it's possible and then he changed the external reality.
他说可能,于是改变了外在现实
Not just for himself, but also for other runners in the world.
不仅是他自己,还有世界上其他赛跑者

课程简介和演讲视频

课程简介:

我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


分享到
重点单词
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • consistencyn. 坚持,一致性,强度,硬度,浓稠度
  • externaladj. 外部的,外面的,外来的,表面的 n. 外部,外
  • ignorevt. 不顾,不理,忽视
  • discardn. 丢牌,废牌 vt. 丢弃,抛弃 vi. 丢牌
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定