和警察飙车是怎样的体验
日期:2017-10-03 12:32

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
h]G4UG=XlkbKVLEefCSTa,n#g

When you roll up to that line,
开到那条线的时候
you are getting butterflies in your stomach,
你就开始紧张
you're nervous, you're sweating
你会紧张,会出汗
but once you get the bug, you get hooked and then it's all over.
但是一旦上瘾之后,你就被迷住了,就再不会紧张出汗了
We're celebrating our 23rd year of the Top the Cop Program here at Sonoma Raceway.
今天,我们在索诺玛赛道举行第23届“超越警察”比赛
Top the Cops is a program
“超越警察”是这样一比赛
where high school students can come out to the race track on a Wednesday night,
高中生可以在周三晚上来
race their car against a uniformed policeman in a stock police car.
跟穿着制服坐在普通警车里的警察飙车
I'm Kevin McKinnie, the program director for the Top the Cops Program.
我是凯文·麦金尼,是“超越警察”,我是这个项目的主任
I'm a retired law enforcement officer from the Santa Rosa Police Department.
退休之前,我是圣罗莎警察局的执法人员
We've been doing this from April through August for the past 23 seasons.
这个项目我们已经做了23年了,从每年的4月一直到8月
There was illegal street racing being done in and around the city of Santa Rosa,
圣罗莎及其周边都有非法飙车的情况发生
and I thought we need to get these people over here to the race track
我就想,我们应该把这些人集中到这里的赛道上来
top the cop

TeIwZq9O+!y]P8@2jU%

so they stop doing it out on the street.
这样他们就不会到大街上去飙车了
If you wanna race, fine, come on out here and race,
你想飙车,行,来这儿飙
don't do it out on the street.
别到大街上去飙
These are our future, these kids here.
他们都是我们的未来,这些孩子
When I pull up next to a cop at the start line
当跟我在同一起跑线的是一名警察的时候
I always just think, “Oh, it'd be great if I beat them.”
我总是会想,“要是我把他们跑赢了那该多爽”
It's great feeling when you pass them on the drag shift going 100 miles an hour.
当你跑着100码的时速超过他们,那种感觉很爽
There is a very competitive spirit to it,
这个项目有很强烈的竞争精神在里面
but you know, it's all about the kids.
但你知道的,这都是为了这些孩子
There's a lot of negativity in the world today
现在的人很消极
and a lot of negativity towards law enforcement.
人们对执法的态度也很消极
What we try to do out here is make something good,
我们所做的就是做点儿好事
something positive out of this program,
通过这个项目传达一些积极的东西
something that is worthwhile.
有价值的东西
Nowhere in the country is this being done on a regular basis.
像我们这样坚持做这件事情的地方国内还没有
The Top the Cops Program did help curb illegal street racing.
这个项目对限制非法街头飙车是起到了帮助作用的
It's been a great positive program all these years.
这些年来也一直发挥了很积极的作用

H*;)r5v(~GH0%OrT](Gcc*1t))[uccxmIepkFLcQ68VP@fT-s_
分享到
重点单词
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • worthwhileadj. 值得(做)的
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(