TED十佳演讲之入门 揭露海底惊奇(1)
日期:2017-09-18 11:02

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

We're going to go on a dive to the deep sea,
好了,我们即将潜入海底深处。
and anyone that's had that lovely opportunity knows that for about two and half hours on the way down,
任何一个有过这种美妙机会的人都知道,在这两个半小时的下降过程中,
it's a perfectly positively pitch-black world.
是一个完全漆黑的世界。
And we used to see the most mysterious animals out the window that you couldn't describe:
我们透过窗户会看见世界上各种最神秘的动物,各种无法形容的动物。
these blinking lights -- a world of bioluminescence, like fireflies.
这些闪亮着的光,完美地构成了如萤火虫般发光的世界。
Dr. Edith Widder -- she's now at the Ocean Research and Conservation Association
研究保护协会的Edith Witter博士发明了一种照相机,
was able to come up with a camera that could capture some of these incredible animals, and that's what you're seeing here on the screen.
这种照相机可以拍下这些令人难以置信的生物。这就是你现在在屏幕上看到的。

揭露海底惊奇

That's all bioluminescence. Like I said: just like fireflies. There's a flying turkey under a tree.
他们全部都是生物发光体。像我说的,就像萤火虫一样。这是个会飞的火鸡,在树下。
I'm a geologist by training. But I love that.
我知道我现在像是个实习期的地质学家,不过我就是喜欢。
And you see, some of the bioluminescence they use to avoid being eaten, some they use to attract prey,
你可以看到这些生物发出的光,有些是为了避免被吃掉。有些又是为引诱食物上钩。
but all of it, from an artistic point of view, is just positively amazing.
尽管如此,用艺术的角度来看,这些都如此神奇。
And a lot of what goes on inside -- There's a fish with glowing eyes, pulsating eyes.
再来看看这里发生了些什么--这条鱼有着会发光,闪烁的眼睛。
Some of the colors are designed to hypnotize, these lovely patterns.
有些颜色则可以催眠。多么有趣的图案。
And then this last one, one of my favorites, this pinwheel design. Just absolutely amazing, every single dive.
这是最后一个:也是我的最爱,像转轮一样的设计。每一次潜水都充满着惊喜。
That's the unknown world, and today we've only explored about 3 percent of what's out there in the ocean.
这正是一个未知的世界。到今天为止,我们只探索了其中的极小部分,大约只占了所有海洋的3%。
Already we've found the world's highest mountains, the world's deepest valleys, underwater lakes, underwater waterfalls
到现在,我们已经发现了世界上最高的山峰,最深的峡谷,水下湖,水下瀑布,
a lot of that we shared with you from the stage.
还有我们刚才看到的。
And in a place where we thought no life at all, we find more life, we think,
然而,恰是我们曾经以为根本不可能有生命的地方,我们发现了众多的生物,
and diversity and density than the tropical rainforest, which tells us that we don't know much about this planet at all.
还有它们的密度和多样性都超过了热带雨林。这告诉我们,我们实际上对自己的星球还不甚了解。
There's still 97 percent, and either that 97 percent is empty or just full of surprises.
还有剩下的97%,那里要不就是一片荒芜,要不就是充满惊喜。

视频及简介

演讲简介

David Gallo向我们展示了关于海洋生物的惊人的及让人目瞪口呆的电影片段。这其中包括了会变色的鱿鱼、章鱼的完美伪装术以及居住在漆黑深海中但能像时代广场的霓虹灯一般闪烁的鱼。


分享到