人脑和人工智能的结合是必然发展趋势
日期:2017-08-30 14:09

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Humans and machines have been merging for thousands of years.
上千年来 人类和机器一直都在寻求融合之道
Right now I’m wearing shoes, I have a microphone on my jacket,
比方说现在 我穿着鞋 夹克上夹着麦克风
we all probably used our phones at least once today.
每天我们至少都会用一次手机
And we communicate with the augmentation of all sorts of amplification
并且我们使用各种增强工具来加强交流
and even translation technologies: You can speak into a machine,
甚至使用翻译软件进行交流 你可以对着一个机器说话
and it’ll translate the words you’re saying in nearly real time.
然后它会实时翻译你说的话

77.jpg

So I think what might be different in the years to come
所以我认为在以后可能会有什么不同
is a matter of degree, not a matter of kind.
这些不同更多地是体现在程度上的 而不是在方式上
One concept that I think is emerging is
目前有一个概念正在兴起
what I like to call the Brain Coprocessor,
我喜欢称它为“大脑协处理器”
a device that intimately interacts with the brain.
这是一个能和大脑密切互动的装置
It can upload information to the brain and download information from it.
我可以把信息上传到大脑并且从大脑里下载信息
Imagine that you could have a technology that could replace lost memories
想象一下自己拥有一个能找回丢失记忆
or augment decision making or boost attention or cognition.
或者增强决策能力 或者加强注意力或认知力的设备
To do that though we have to understand how the brain works at a very deep level.
为了实现它我们必须深度理解大脑的工作机制
Although over a third of a million patients
尽管在百万患者中有超过三分之一
have had brain implants or neural implants that stimulate the nervous system,
有脑植入物或神经植入物来刺激神经系统
so far they’ve operated in an open-loop fashion.
但到目前为止它们仍是以开环的方式在运作
That is, they drive activity in the brain, but not in a fully-responsive fashion.
这就是说 它们在大脑中运行 但并不是以完全响应的方式
What we want to do is to have bi-directional communication to the brain:
我们想做的是让大脑有一个双向的交流:
Can you read and write information continuously,and supply—
你能连续不断的读写信息 并且提供–
maybe through coupling these interfaces to silicon computers—
这些可能通过与计算机相连接的接口来完成
exactly the information the brain needs?
大脑需要的精确信息吗?
My hope is that over the next five to ten years
我的愿望是未来5-10年
we’re going to get deep insights. Thanks to our technologies
我们能在这方面有更深刻的见解和突破 感谢我们对
into how brain circuits compute, and that will drive the design of these interfaces
大脑循环工作方式的深入研究 这些研究将指导我们设计这些大脑接口
so that we can deliver information to the brain and record information from the brain
那样我们才能使用大脑的自然语言
using the natural language of the brain – reading and writing information in a way
向大脑发送和接收信息–同一时间增加读写信息
that augments, for example, the number of things you can hold in your mind at once.
比如说 你同时可以在脑里记住好几件事
Or the ability to recall things nearly perfectly,
或回忆能力会近乎完美
which is, you know, not an ability so different
这就是说 这和在你的手机上
from looking something up on a search engine on your phone, right?
用搜索引擎搜索没什么不同 对吧
So I think what’s going to happen is a continuation of this trend,
所以我在想未来将要发生的是如何延续这个趋势
and I think a lot of people like to talk about artificial intelligence right now.
我觉得现在大部分人喜欢谈论人工智能
Artificial intelligence as it stands is based on
人工智能就是基于
a lot of concepts that go back many decades
很多能追溯到几十年以前的概念
that build from some very simple observations about the brain.
它们是通过一些对大脑十分简单的观察而建立起来的
What might A.I. do though, once we have incredibly deep insights into the nature of creativity
如果我们对自然创造和伦理道德(以及其它能让人脑显得独特的方面)
and ethics (and other things that the human brain seems to be uniquely equipped for)
有十分深刻的见解的话 那么A.I.还能够做什么事情?
I think once we start to couple artificial intelligence to the brain
我认为一旦我们开始把人工智能与人脑相结合
that can really augment these uniquely human capabilities,
就真的可以增强这些人类独特的能力
it leads to a new era of what you might call “hybrid intelligence”.
它将开辟一个新的领域——你可以称之为“混合智能”
So it won’t just be A.I. running away in some positive-feedback loop;
所以它不仅仅是运行着一些正反馈回路的A.I
It won’t be humans upgrading themselves in the absence of coupling to the world;
它也不会像人脑那样 在与外界无实质连接的情况下自我更新
But I think it will yield a new kind of symbiosis.
但我认为它将产生一种新的共生方式
And I think that’s probably the best possible path,
并且我觉得那可能是最可行的道路
and it’s also already (if you look at how people operate in the world)
并且它也已经(如果你观察到人类在世界上的运作方式)
what seems to be one of the most prevalent models.
似乎成为最流行的模式之一

分享到
重点单词
  • supplyn. 补给,供给,供应,贮备 vt. 补给,供给,提供,
  • microphonen. 麦克风,扩音器
  • boostvt. 推进,提高,增加 n. 推进,增加 v.
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • computev. (用计算机或计数器)计算,估算,估计
  • artificialadj. 人造的,虚伪的,武断的
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • hybridn. 混血儿,杂种,混合物
  • ethicsn. 道德规范
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为