经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第238期
日期:2017-08-24 13:12

(单词翻译:单击)

She arched her face to the palm, and pored over it without touching it.
她把脸贴近我手掌,细细看了起来,但没有触碰它。
"It is too fine," said she.
"太细嫩了,"她说。
I can make nothing of such a hand as that, almost without lines.
这样的手我什么也看不出来,几乎没有皱纹。
Besides, what is in a palm? Destiny is not written there.
况且,手掌里会有什么呢?命运又不刻在那儿。"
"I believe you," said I.
"我相信你,"我说。
"No," she continued, "it is in the face, on the forehead, about the eyes,
"不,"她继续说,"它刻在脸上,在额头,在眼睛周围,在眸子里面,
in the lines of the mouth. Kneel, and lift up your head."
在嘴巴的线条上。跪下来,抬起你的头来。"
"Ah! now you are coming to reality," I said, as I obeyed her.
"哦!你现在可回到现实中来了,"我一面按她的话做,一面说。

经典文学《简·爱》

I shall begin to put some faith in you presently.
我马上开始有些相信你了。
I knelt within half a yard of her.
我跪在离她半码远的地方。
She stirred the fire, so that a ripple of light broke from the disturbed coal.
她拨着炉火,在翻动过的煤块中,射出了一轮光圈。
The glare, however, as she sat, only threw her face into deeper shadow. Mine, it illumined.
因为她坐着,那光焰只会使她的脸蒙上更深的阴影,而我的面容却被照亮了。
"I wonder with what feelings you came to me to-night," she said, when she had examined me a while.
"我不知道你是带着什么样的心情上我这儿来的,"她仔细打量了我一会儿后说。
I wonder what thoughts are busy in your heart
你在那边房间里,几小时几小时枯坐着,
during all the hours you sit in yonder room with the fine people flitting before you like shapes in a magic-lantern.
面对一群贵人,像幻灯中的影子那么晃动着,这时你心里会有什么想法呢。
Just as little sympathetic communion passing between you and them
这些人与你没有什么情感的交流,
as if they were really mere shadows of human forms, and not the actual substance.
好像不过是外表似人的影子,而不是实实在在的人。

分享到
重点单词
  • shadown. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处 vt. 投阴影于,跟踪
  • sympatheticadj. 同情的,共鸣的 n. 交感神经
  • ripplen. 涟波,涟漪,波纹,粗钢梳 vt. 使 ... 起涟
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产
  • glaren. 闪耀光,刺眼 v. 发眩光,瞪视