月亮和六便士(MP3+中英字幕) 第二十三章(2)
日期:2017-08-03 17:18

(单词翻译:单击)

You're bragging. If I really did you'd be overwhelmed with remorse.
“你在说大话。如果我真的上了吊你会后悔一辈子的。”
Try it, and we'll see, I retorted.
“你不妨试一试,就知道我后悔不后悔了。”
A smile flickered in his eyes, and he stirred his absinthe in silence.
他的眼睛里露出一丝笑意,默默地搅和着他的苦艾酒。
Would you like to play chess? I asked.
“想不想下棋?”我问他说。
I don't mind.
“我不反对。”
We set up the pieces, and when the board was ready he considered it with a comfortable eye. There is a sense of satisfaction in looking at your men all ready for the fray.
我们开始摆棋子,摆好以后,他注视着面前的棋盘,带着一副自得其乐的样子。当你看到自己兵马都已进入阵地,就要开始一场大厮杀,总禁不住有一种快慰的感觉。
Did you really think I'd lend you money? I asked.
“你真的以为我会借钱给你吗?”我问他。
I didn't see why you shouldn't.
“我想不出来为什么你会不借给我。”
You surprise me.
“你使我感到吃惊。”
Why?
“为什么?”
It's disappointing to find that at heart you are sentimental. I should have liked you better if you hadn't made that ingenuous appeal to my sympathies.
“发现你心里还是人情味十足让我失望。如果你不那么天真,想利用我的同情心来打动我,我会更喜欢你一些。”
I should have despised you if you'd been moved by it, he answered.
“如果你被我打动,我会鄙视你的。”他回答说。
That's better, I laughed.
“那就好了。”我笑起来。
We began to play. We were both absorbed in the game. When it was finished I said to him:
我们开始走棋。两个人的精神都被当前的一局棋吸引住。一盘棋下完以后,我对他说:
Look here, if you're hard up, let me see your pictures. If there's anything I like I'll buy it.
“你听我说,如果你缺钱花,让我去看看你的画怎么样?如果有我喜欢的,我会买你一幅。”
Go to hell, he answered.
“你见鬼去吧!”他说。
He got up and was about to go away. I stopped him.
他站起来准备走,我把他拦住了。
You haven't paid for your absinthe, I said, smiling.
“你还没有付酒帐呢。”我笑着说。
He cursed me, flung down the money and left.
他骂了我一句,把钱往桌上一扔就走了。
I did not see him for several days after that, but one evening, when I was sitting in the cafe, reading a paper, he came up and sat beside me.
这件事过去以后,我有几天没有看见他,但是有一天晚上我正坐在咖啡馆里看报纸的时候,思特里克兰德走了过来,在我身旁边坐下。
You haven't hanged yourself after all, I remarked.
“你原来并没有上吊啊。”我说。
No. I've got a commission. I'm painting the portrait of a retired plumber for two hundred francs.
“没有。有人请我画一幅画。我现在正给一个退休的铅管工画像,可以拿到两百法郎。”

分享到