英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第536期:西餐点菜篇(2)轻食咖啡小馆
日期:2017-07-27 10:02

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: This is really different from the last pizza place.
京晶:这里和上次吃披萨的地方还真不太一样。
Mark: Totally. This a café. Pizza isn't the main thing they serve.
马克:完全不一样。这是个咖啡小馆,披萨不是这里的主营。
Jingjing: That's probably better. I wasn't really in the mood to load up on pizza again.
京晶:这样可能更好。我不是特别想再搓一顿披萨了。
Mark: Well, the salads and pastas here are mighty good.
马克:这里的沙拉和意大利面食超好的。
Jingjing: How about you order everything for us?
京晶:你来给我俩点菜怎么样?
Mark: That's easy.
马克:简单。
later, the food comes
一会儿功夫,食物来了
Jingjing: Is this everything we ordered?
京晶:这是我们点的全部吗?
Mark: This is just part of it. I ordered two pastas which haven't come yet.
马克:这只是其中的一部分。我点了两份意大利面食pastas, 都还没上呢。
Jingjing: Is this the only salad?
京晶:只有这一份沙拉吗?
Mark: Yes. Whenever we want more, we can get another one right away. They just bring each thing whenever it's ready.
马克:是的。如果我们想要更多,可以马上再要一份,他们只是食物弄好了就端上来。
Jingjing: How are we going to share the salad?
京晶:那我们怎么分着吃沙拉呢?
Mark: Just take some onto your plate. I'll go grab us a serving fork.
马克:拿一些到你的盘子里。我去拿一个公用叉子。
More food comes.
更多的食物上来了
Jingjing: This is our pizza?
京晶:这是我们的披萨吗?
Mark: Yep, that's it. Again, we can order more whenever we want.
马克:对。就是。同样,如果我们想吃更多可以继续点。
Jingjing: I'm really not used to having so little food on the table at one time.
京晶:我真的不习惯一次桌上就摆着那么一点点食物。
Mark: I can imagine. If a boss takes a group of employees to a café, it's kind of weird.
马克:我能想象。如果一个老板带着一群员工来这种小馆吃饭,那就真的奇怪了。

New words: 习语短语:

Totally. 完全(赞同)
(I completely agree with you. OR It is completely as you've described.)
load up on 摄入大量(食物)
(have a lot of one kind of food, maybe to make up for a lack of other foods)
grab 拿、取
(fetch)
Yep. 是的,口头语。
(Yes, and there's not much more to say about it.)
kind of weird 有些奇怪,怪异
(awkward)

西餐点菜篇(2)轻食咖啡小馆

Dialogue 2

Jingjing and Mark have finished most of the food they ordered.
京晶和马克吃完了大部分食物
Mark: Are you pretty full or should we order more?
马克:你已经吃饱了吗还是我们需要再点一些呢?
Jingjing: I'm not stuffed. But this is probably enough.
京晶:我还没吃饱。但是桌上这些可能够了。
Mark: Hmm. We could finish with another salad, or go with desserts.
马克:嗯,我们可以再点一份沙拉就差不多了,或者来点甜点。
Jingjing: Another salad would be refreshing. You pick one, I'll be right back.
京晶:再来一份沙拉很惬意哦!你挑一款,
我马上回来。
5 minutes later...
5分钟以后
Jingjing: Oh, the table is empty!
京晶:噢,桌上都空了!
Mark: I ate the last piece of pizza and let them clear away our plates. They'll bring new ones with the salad.
马克:我吃了最后一块披萨,然后让他们把我们的餐盘收走了。他们会带一份新的沙拉过来。
Jingjing: O-kay.
京晶:好…吧
Mark: How about we order some tea? Would hot lemon tea be good for you?
马克:我们点些茶来喝怎样?热柠檬茶你想喝吗?
Jingjing: Sure.
京晶:好啊
Mark: I think I owe you an explanation. In a café, people don't like to deal with too much food at one time. That gives people a chance to sit and talk.
马克:我想我还欠你一个解释。在咖啡小馆,人们不喜欢一次点太多食物,这样能给了人们一个坐着聊天的机会。
Jingjing: What would you like to talk about?
京晶:你想说什么呢?
Mark: Well, this place is pretty quiet, even though lots of people are eating here. I guess I should say that westerners think this is a good way to eat.
马克:这个地方很安静,虽然有许多人在这里就餐。我猜我应该这样说,西方人觉得这是一个很好的吃饭的方式。
Jingjing: It's very different from the Chinese way. Chinese people like to show their generosity by hosting a big meal.
京晶:这跟中国人的方式太不一样了。中国人喜欢操办一桌丰盛的宴席来展示慷慨大方。
Mark: Yeah, that's a nice thing. It took me a long time to get used to that.
马克:是,那是很好的。我用了很长时间才习惯这种方式。
Jingjing: This food is pretty good. But I see so few plates and can't be sure there was enough food. But when I got up just now, I felt like I'd eaten a good amount.
京晶:这里的食物还是挺不错的。但是我看见盘子这么少,不太确定食物够不够吃。但是当我刚才站起来的时候,我才发觉我已经吃了不少了。
Mark: Right. Maybe European-style cafés are worth a try once in a while.
马克:对。也许这样的欧式咖啡小馆值得时不常来吃一次。

New words: 习语短语:

stuffed 非常饱,撑
(very full, after eating)
go with 选择,挑选
(choose, select, have)
clear away 拿走,整理干净某片区域
(take away something and clean up the area)
O-kay 比较犹豫的赞同
(a hesitant, tentative expression of agreement)
worth a try 值得一试
(nice to have)


分享到