Modals for Asking Permission 用情态动词请求许可
日期:2017-07-22 08:11

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Kaveh.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是卡维。
And I'm Lucija. Today we're going to talk about using modals to ask for permission.
我是露西佳。今天我们讲一讲用情态动词请求许可的表达。
Hey, Lucija. I need to pick up my sister from the airport. Can I drive your car?
嗨,露西佳,我要去机场接我妹妹,我能开你的车去吗?
I don't know. Can you drive my car? It's a manual transmission.
我不知道你什么意思,你能开我的车吗?我的车是手动档的。
That's not what I meant, silly. Of course I can drive a manual transmission.
傻瓜,我不是那个意思。我当然能开手动档的车。

露西.png

But you did bring up an important grammar point.
但你引出了一个重要的语法点。
Can is a confusing modal verb. Traditionally can expresses ability.
Can是一个容易混淆的情态动词,传统意义上来说,can表达的是能力,
But today, a lot of people use can to ask for permission, which is fine.
但如今,很多人用can这个词来表达请求获得许可,
But it's not always clear if someone is asking about ability or asking for permission.
但有时候你搞不清楚人们问的是能力还是请求许可。
Well, can you give me an example?
这样啊,你能举个例子吗?
It's hot in here. Can I open the window?
这儿很热,我能开窗吗?
I don't know. Can you?
我不知道,你能吗?
Are you asking if it is possible to open the window?
你是在问是否有可能开窗
Or are you asking for permission to open the window.
还是请求开窗?
I'm asking for permission. But we have other options.
我在请求许可,但是我们有其他选择,
May I is a clear and very polite way to ask for permission.
may I是一个询问许可的更清晰而礼貌的表达。
OK, so let's go back to my first question. May I drive your car?
好的,那回到我最开始问的问题,我可以开你的车吗?
Good. Now it is clear that you are asking for permission.
不错,现在很明显你是在请求我的许可,
But may is rather formal. Could is less formal and a better choice to use with friends.
但是may相当正式,could没那么正式,所以朋友之间,用could会更好。
Could I drive your car to the airport? Perfect!
我能开你的车去机场吗?完美!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天节目的所有内容。

分享到