TED-Ed演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):麸质有什么大不了的(1)
日期:2017-07-14 14:54

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Maybe you've recently seen the phrase "gluten-free" on food packaging,
你最近也许留意到,'不含麸质'的标志开始出现在食物包装上、
or take-out menus, shampoo bottles, apartment listings,
或出现在外带菜单、洗发精瓶子、公寓清单、
the tag of your shirt, on a hammer, as a lower back tattoo, or in your friend's resume.
你的衬衫标签、甚至铁锤上,或成为某人腰背纹身字眼,或在朋友简历上。
Next time someone starts telling you about their newfound freedom from gluten, here are some questions you can ask,
下次如果有人跟你讲他们新发现自己不能接触麸质,你可以询问他们以下几个问题,
and the well-informed answers that your friend, being a reasonable individual making educated dietary choices,
如果你的朋友是理性个体,会明智选择饮食,而非盲目追随最新饮食潮流的话,
and by no means just following the latest diet craze, will tell you. What is gluten?
则他们会告诉你如下有见识的答案。什么是麸质?
Gluten is an insoluble protein composite made up of two proteins named gliadin and glutenin.
麸质是一种不可溶解的蛋白质混合物,由两种蛋白质组成:醇溶谷蛋白及谷蛋白。

麸质有什么大不了的

Where might you encounter gluten?
你在哪里可能会遇到麸质?
Gluten is found in certain grains, particularly wheat, rye and barley.
在一些谷物内可以找到麸质,特别是小麦、黑麦和大麦。
What has gluten been doing for the previous entirety of human history, and why do you suddenly care about it?
在过去整个人类史上,麸质有过什么贡献?为什么你会突然在意麸质?
Gluten is responsible for the elastic consistency of dough and the chewiness of foods made from wheat flour, like bread and pasta.
麸质让面团保持弹性,也让面粉做的食物有嚼劲,譬如面包和意面。
For some people, these foods cause problems, namely wheat allergy, celiac disease, and non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
这些食物给以下一些人带来麻烦:例如患有小麦过敏、乳糜泻、非乳糜泻麸质敏感的人。
Wheat allergy is an uncommon condition that occurs when a person's immune system mounts an allergic response to wheat proteins,
小麦过敏并不普遍,其成因为人体免疫系统对小麦蛋白作出过敏反应,
leading to mild problems, and in rare cases, a potential dangerous reaction called anaphylaxis.
导致一些轻度症状。可是,少数情况下,会出现一种潜在危险的过敏性反应。

演讲视频


分享到