有关气体的ABC三大定律
日期:2017-07-04 16:20

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

In society, we have to follow laws that maintain order.
在社会中,我们必须守法、守秩序
Did you know all chemical matter follows certain laws as well?
你知道化学物质也都遵守法则吗?
In fact, we can describe those laws by looking at relationships.
我们可以用交互关系来说明这些法则
Some easy laws to begin with are the ones that govern the gases.
关于气体的法则在最一开始是比较简单的。
Back in 1662, Robert Boyle realized that gases had an interesting response when he put them into containers and changed their volume.
1662年,波义耳发现了气体有一个有趣的性质,他把气体放进容器并改变体积。
Take an empty bottle and put the cap on it, closing that container.
拿个空瓶、盖上瓶盖、封住容器、
Now squeeze your bottle, and what happens?
挤压瓶子,结果发生了什么事?
The pressure inside the bottle increases when the size of the container decreases.
容器变小时,瓶内压力变大。
You can only crush that container so much until the gases inside push back on your hand.
当容器内气体对你的手施压时,就是瓶子能被挤压的最大限度。
This is called an inverse proportion, and it changes at the same rate for every gas.
这被称为反比例,对于任何气体,它都以一个相同的比率变化。
Boyle's law allows chemists to predict the volume of any gas at any given pressure because the relationship is always the same.
波义耳定律让化学家可预测指定压力下任何气体的体积,因为关系都是相同的。

有关气体的ABC三大定律

In 1780, Jacques Charles noticed a different relationship between gases and their temperature.
1780年,贾克·查理注意到不同气体和温度间的关系
If you've ever seen a hot-air balloon, you've seen this law in action.
如果你看过热气球,你就知道这个法则的效果。
When the ballons are laid out, they're totally flat.
当气球平放的时候,它是完全平扁的
Instead of blowing the balloon up like a party balloon, they use a giant flame to heat the air inside that envelope.
他们用巨大的火焰来加热气球内部,而不是像吹普通气球一样。
As the air is heated up, the balloon begins to inflate as the gas volume increases.
当空气被加热,气体体积增大,气球开始变鼓
The hotter the gas becomes, the larger the volume, and that's Charles' law.
气体温度越高,体积就越大,这就是查理定律。
Notice this law is different from Boyle's. Charles' law is a direct relationship.
注意,这条定律和波义耳定律有所不同。查理定律中的变量有着直接关系。
As the temperature increases, the volume increases as well.
随着温度的升高,体积也会增大。
The third law is also easily demonstrated. When you're blowing up party balloons, the volume increases.
第三条法则也可以被简单的说明。当你吹派对上的气球的时候,其体积会增大
As you are blowing, you're forcing more and more gas particles into the balloon from your lungs.
在你吹的时候,你把越来越多的气体从你的肺里面转移进气球。
This causes the balloon volume to increase. This is Avogadro's law in action.
这导致了气球的体积增加。这就是阿伏伽德罗定律的实际应用。
As the number of particles of gas added to a container are increased, the volume will increase as well.
当气体粒子的数量在容器中增加时,体积也会随之增加。
If you add too many particles, well, you know what happens next.
如果你加入了太多的粒子,你知道接下来会发生什么。
Laws are everywhere, even in the tiniest particles of gas.
自然法则无处不在,即便是在最微小的气体粒子中。
If you squeeze them, the pressure will increase as the particles are pushed together.
如果你挤压它们,当粒子们被挤到一起时,气压就会增加。
Low volume means a high pressure because those particles push back.
小体积意味着需要大的气压,因为这些粒子会压回来。
As the temperature increases, gases move away from one another, and the volume increases as well.
当温度上升时,气体会互相远离,体积也会随之增加。
Finally, if you add gas to a closed container, that container's volume will expand.
最后,如果你把气体放在密封的容器里,容器的体积会被撑大。
But be careful not to add too much, because otherwise you could end up with a burst balloon.
但要小心不要加太多,否则气球会爆炸。

分享到
重点单词
  • predictv. 预知,预言,预报,预测
  • containern. 容器,集装箱
  • expandv. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀, vi. (谈
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • crushv. 压碎,碾碎,压榨 n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤,迷恋
  • balloonn. 气球 vt. 使膨胀 vi. 如气球般膨胀,激增
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧