经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第212期
日期:2017-06-13 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

"Nothing at all, sir."
"没事儿,先生。"
"Did you take any cold that night you half drowned me?"
"你差点淹死我的那天夜里着了凉吗?"
"Not the least."
"绝对没有。"
"Return to the drawing-room. You are deserting too early."
"回到客厅里去吧,你走得太早了。"
"I am tired, sir."
"我累了,先生。"
He looked at me for a minute.
他瞧了我一会儿。
"And a little depressed," he said. "What about? Tell me."
"而且心情有些不快,"他说。"为什么事儿?告诉我吧。"
"Nothing — nothing, sir. I am not depressed."
"没有 — 实在没有,先生。我的心情没有不快。"

经典文学《简·爱》

But I affirm that you are. So much depressed that a few more words would bring tears to your eyes
"可是我可以肯定你心里不高兴。而且已经到了这个地步,只要再说几句你就要掉泪了
indeed, they are there now, shining and swimming.
— 其实此刻你的泪花己在闪动。
And a bead has slipped from the lash and fallen on to the flag.
一颗泪珠已从眼睫毛上滚下,落在石板地上了。
If I had time, and was not in mortal dread of some prating prig of a servant passing,
要是我有时间,要不是我怕撞见一本正经爱饶舌的仆人,
I would know what all this means.
我准会弄明白内中的缘由。
Well, tonight I excuse you. But understand that so long as my visitors stay,
好吧,今晚我就原谅你了。不过你得知道,只要客人们还在这里呆着,
I expect you to appear in the drawing-room every evening.
我希望你每天晚上都在客厅露面。
It is my wish; don't neglect it.
这是我的愿望,不要置之不理。
Now go, and send Sophie for Adele. Good-night, my...
现在你走吧,叫索菲娅来把阿黛勒带走。晚安,我的..."
He stopped, bit his lip, and abruptly left me.
他刹住了,咬着嘴唇,蓦地离开了我。

分享到
重点单词
  • beadn. 珠子,滴 vt. 用珍珠布置或覆盖,象珍珠一样串成
  • affirmvt. 证实,断言,肯定 vi. 断言,申明
  • neglectvt. 忽视,疏忽,忽略 n. 疏忽,忽视
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • prign. 道学先生,自命不凡者,纨绔子弟 n. 小偷 vt.
  • abruptlyadv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不连贯地
  • dreadn. 恐惧,可怕的人,可怕的事 adj. 可怕的,可怖的
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平