经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第211期
日期:2017-06-09 13:17

(单词翻译:单击)

I waited till the last deep and full vibration had expired
我等待着,直至深沉雄浑的颤音消失
till the tide of talk, checked an instant, had resumed its flow.
嗡嗡的谈话声停顿了片刻后再次响起。
I then quitted my sheltered corner and made my exit by the side-door, which was fortunately near.
随后我离开我躲藏的角落,幸亏边门很近,便从那里走了出去。
Thence a narrow passage led into the hall.
这里有一条狭窄的走廊通向大厅。
In crossing it, I perceived my sandal was loose.
我穿过时,发觉鞋带松了。
I stopped to tie it, kneeling down for that purpose on the mat at the foot of the staircase.
便停下来把它系上,跪在楼梯脚下的垫子上。
I heard the dining-room door unclose. A gentleman came out;
我听见餐室的门开了,一位男士走了出来。
Rising hastily, I stood face to face with him. It was Mr. Rochester.
我急忙直起身子,正好同那人打了个照面,原来是罗切斯特先生。

经典文学《简·爱》

"How do you do?" he asked.
"你好吗?"他问。
"I am very well, sir."
"我很好,先生。"
"Why did you not come and speak to me in the room?"
"你为什么不进房间来同我谈谈呢?"
I thought I might have retorted the question on him who put it, but I would not take that freedom.
我想我本可以反问这个问题,但我不愿那么放肆。
I answered: "I did not wish to disturb you, as you seemed engaged, sir."
只是回答说:"我不想打搅你,因为你好像正忙着呢,先生。"
"What have you been doing during my absence?"
"我外出期间你一直在干些什么呢?"
"Nothing particular, teaching Adèle as usual."
"没有什么特别事儿,照例教阿黛勒。"
"And getting a good deal paler than you were — as I saw at first sight. What is the matter?"
"而且比以前苍白了,这我一眼就看出来了,你怎么啦?"

分享到
重点单词
  • disturbv. 扰乱,妨碍,使 ... 不安
  • hastilyadv. 匆忙地,急速地
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • vibrationn. 震动,颤动
  • staircasen. 楼梯
  • sandaln. 便鞋,凉鞋
  • resumedn. 履历;个人简历;摘要 vt. 重新开始;重新获得