BBC纪录片地平线《侏罗纪之谜》第20期:球果化石
日期:2017-06-01 13:51

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

You can see, for instance, this wonderful and beautiful seed cones
举个例子,你可以看到这些漂亮完好的球果
preserved in a petrified way where you can see inside even the, the seeds, the small seeds in there,
保存在化石中,你甚至还能看到里面的种子,小小的种子
you know, that is suggesting that these kind of plants cover most of the Patagonian region during the Jurassic period.
这说明这类植物在侏罗纪时期覆盖了大部分巴塔哥尼亚地区
The seed cones could only come from giant conifer forests.
球果只生长在高大的针叶树上
These are trees that thrive in warm, wet conditions,
这些大树保证了温暖湿润的环境
completely different from the mega-monsoon and there was more.
与超级季风气候完全不同,而且还不止这些。

BBC纪录片地平线《侏罗纪之谜》

This is a small piece of a fern plant that probably grew in some small shrubs, you know,
这是一株小型蕨类植物,很可能生长在低矮的灌木丛中
the low ones that were part also of the same forest that was covered, or dominated by the, by the conifers.
这些低矮植物也是森林的一部分,当然主要还是针叶树占主导地位
The ferns and the pines could only mean one thing.
蕨类和松树的出现只能说明一种可能
And this is suggesting that the dry conditions we had at the beginning of the mid-Jurassic are changing to,
这说明中侏罗世早期的干旱环境变成了
you know, more humid conditions by the end of the mid-Jurassic.
中侏罗世晚期的湿润环境

词汇解析


1.for instance 例如
If, for instance, the test case with 100*40000 files fails, then how do you go about it?
例如,如果采用 100*40000个文件的测试用例失败,那么如何进行相关工作呢?

2.thrive in 于...繁荣,兴旺,茁壮成长
We can thrive in our own tradition, even as we learn from others, and come to respect their teachings.
即使我们向他人学习并学会尊重他们的教导,我们仍可以在自己的传统中茁壮成长。

3.by the end of 到……时为止;在……之前
I hope to be 100% by the end of this year.
我希望在今年年底能成为100%的素食主义者。

视频及简介

没有哪种生物能像恐龙那样统治地球,但是恐龙的故事中却包藏着一个巨大的谜团,那就是它们如何称霸世界。


分享到