经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第192期
日期:2017-04-12 11:36

(单词翻译:单击)

Then the importance of the process quickly steadied her,
随后更衣的重要过程很快稳定了她的情绪。
and by the time she had her curls arranged in well-smoothed, drooping clusters, her pink satin frock put on,
待到她卷发梳得溜光,一束束垂着,穿上了粉红色的缎子罩衣,
her long sash tied, and her lace mittens adjusted, she looked as grave as any judge.
系好长长的腰带,戴上了网眼无指手套,她看上去已是像任何一位法官那么严肃了。
No need to warn her not to disarrange her attire.
这时已没有必要提醒她别弄乱自己的服装,
When she was dressed, she sat demurely down in her little chair,
她穿戴停当后,便安静地坐在小椅子上,
taking care previously to lift up the satin skirt for fear she should crease it,
急忙小心地把缎子裙提起来,唯恐弄皱了。
and assured me she would not stir thence till I was ready.
还向我保证,她会一动不动坐在那里,直到我准备好为止。
This I quickly was.
我很快就穿戴好了。

经典文学《简·爱》

My best dress (the silver-grey one, purchased for Miss Temple's wedding, and never worn since) was soon put on.
我立即穿上了自己最好的衣服(银灰色的那一件,专为参加坦普尔小姐的婚礼购置的,后来一直没有穿过)。
My hair was soon smoothed.
把头发梳得平平伏伏。
My sole ornament, the pearl brooch, soon assumed. We descended.
并戴上了我仅有的饰品,那枚珍珠胸针。随后我们下了楼。
Fortunately there was another entrance to the drawing-room than that through the saloon where they were all seated at dinner.
幸亏还有另外一扇门通客厅,不必经过他们都坐着吃饭的餐厅。
We found the apartment vacant.
我们看到房间里空无一人。
A large fire burning silently on the marble hearth, and wax candles shining in bright solitude,
大理石砌成的壁炉中,一堆旺火静静地燃烧着;
amid the exquisite flowers with which the tables were adorned.
桌上装饰着精致的花朵,烛光在花朵中间孤寂地闪亮,平添了几分欢快。

分享到
重点单词
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • lacen. 饰带,花边,缎带 v. 结带子,饰以花边
  • marblen. 大理石 vt. 使有大理石的花纹
  • sashn. 饰带,肩带,腰带 n. 窗框 vt. 系上腰带 v
  • exquisiteadj. 精挑细选的,精致的,细腻的,强烈的 n. 过分
  • stirn. 感动(激动,愤怒或震动), 搅拌,骚乱 vt. 激
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • waxn. 蜡,蜂蜡 vt. (用蜡)涂 vi. 变大,增大
  • solituden. 孤独 独居,荒僻之地,幽静的地方