经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第191期
日期:2017-04-10 11:34

(单词翻译:单击)

"I will not give him that trouble," I answered.
"我不愿给他添那么多麻烦",我回答。
"I will go, if no better may be. But I don't like it. Shall you be there, Mrs. Fairfax?"
"要是没有更好的办法了,我就去。不过我并不喜欢。你去吗,费尔法克斯太太?"
"No. I pleaded off, and he admitted my plea.
"不,我请求免了,他同意了。
I'll tell you how to manage so as to avoid the embarrassment of making a formal entrance,
我来告诉你怎样避免这种尴尬
which is the most disagreeable part of the business.
一本正经入场是最不好受的。
You must go into the drawing-room while it is empty, before the ladies leave the dinner-table.
你得在女士们离席之前,客厅里还没有人的时候就进去,
Choose your seat in any quiet nook you like.
找个僻静的角落坐下。
You need not stay long after the gentlemen come in, unless you please.
男宾们进来之后,你不必呆得很久,除非你高兴这么做。
Just let Mr. Rochester see you are there and then slip away — nobody will notice you."
你不过是让罗切斯特先生看到你在那里,随后你就溜走——没有人会注意到你。"
"Will these people remain long, do you think?"
"你认为这批客人会呆得很久吗?"
"Perhaps two or three weeks, certainly not more.
"也许两三个星期,肯定不会再久了。

经典文学《简·爱》

After the Easter recess, Sir George Lynn, who was lately elected member for Millcote, will have to go up to town and take his seat.
过了复活节假期,乔治·林恩爵士由于新近当上了米尔科特市议员,得去城里就职。
I dare say Mr. Rochester will accompany him.
我猜想罗切斯特先生会同他一起去。
It surprises me that he has already made so protracted a stay at Thornfield."
我觉得很奇怪,这回他在桑菲尔德呆了那么长时间。"
It was with some trepidation that I perceived the hour approach when I was to repair with my charge to the drawing-room.
眼看我带着照管的孩子进客厅的时刻就要到来,我心里惴惴不安。
Adèle had been in a state of ecstasy all day, after hearing she was to be presented to the ladies in the evening.
阿黛勒听说晚上要去见女士们,便整天处于极度兴奋状态。
And it was not till Sophie commenced the operation of dressing her that she sobered down.
直到索菲娅开始给她打扮,才安静下来。

分享到
重点单词
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • protractedadj. 延长的,拖延的
  • plean. 恳求,申诉,请愿,抗辩,借口
  • embarrassmentn. 困窘,尴尬,困难
  • trepidationn. 恐惧,惊惶,忧虑
  • accompanyvt. 陪伴,伴随,给 ... 伴奏 vi. 伴奏
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • ecstasyn. 狂喜,入迷 Ecstasy n. 摇头丸
  • recessn. 休息,幽深处,凹缝,壁龛,放假 vt. 放入壁龛,