经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第190期
日期:2017-04-06 13:29

(单词翻译:单击)

The next day was as fine as its predecessor.
第二天跟第一天一样,是个晴朗的日子。
It was devoted by the party to an excursion to some site in the neighbourhood.
客人们乘机到临近的某个地方去远足。
They set out early in the forenoon, some on horseback, the rest in carriages.
他们上午很早就出发了,有的骑马,有的坐马车。
I witnessed both the departure and the return.
我亲眼看着他们出发,看着他们归来。
Miss Ingram, as before, was the only lady equestrian.
像以前一样,英格拉姆小姐是唯一一位女骑手。
And, as before, Mr. Rochester galloped at her side.
罗切斯特先生同她并驾齐驱。
The two rode a little apart from the rest.
他们两人骑着马同其余的客人拉开了一段距离。
I pointed out this circumstance to Mrs. Fairfax, who was standing at the window with me.
费尔法克斯太太正与我一起站在窗前,我向她指出了这一点。

经典文学《简·爱》

"You said it was not likely they should think of being married," said I.
"你说他们不可能想到结婚,"我说。
"But you see Mr. Rochester evidently prefers her to any of the other ladies."
"可是你瞧,比起其他女人来,罗切斯特先生明显更喜欢她。"
"Yes, I dare say. No doubt he admires her."
"是呀,我猜想他毫无疑问爱慕她。"
"And she him," I added, "look how she leans her head towards him as if she were conversing confidentially.
"而且她也爱慕他,"我补充说"瞧她的头凑近他,仿佛在说什么知心话呢!
I wish I could see her face.
但愿能见到她的脸。
I have never had a glimpse of it yet."
我还从来没见过一眼呢!"
"You will see her this evening," answered Mrs. Fairfax.
"今天晚上你会见到她的,"费尔法克斯太太回答说。
"I happened to remark to Mr. Rochester how much Adèle wished to be introduced to the ladies,
"我偶然向罗切斯特先生提起,阿黛勒多么希望能见一见小姐们。
and he said: 'Oh! let her come into the drawing-room after dinner, and request Miss Eyre to accompany her.' "
他说:‘呵,那就让她饭后上客厅里来吧,请爱小姐陪她来。’"
"Yes. He said that from mere politeness. I need not go, I am sure," I answered.
"噢,他不过是出于礼貌才那么说的,我不必去了,肯定的。"我回答。
"Well, I observed to him that as you were unused to company,
"瞧,我对他说,你不习惯交往,
I did not think you would like appearing before so gay a party — all strangers.
所以我想你不会喜欢在一批轻松愉快而又都互不相识的宾客前露面。
And he replied, in his quick way — 'Nonsense! If she objects, tell her it is my particular wish.
他还是那么急躁地回答说,‘胡说八道!要是她不愿来,就告诉她这是我个人的意愿。
And if she resists, say I shall come and fetch her in case of contumacy.' "
如果她拒绝,你就说,她这么倔强,我要亲自来叫了。’"

分享到
重点单词
  • accompanyvt. 陪伴,伴随,给 ... 伴奏 vi. 伴奏
  • circumstancen. 环境,(复数)境况,事件,详情
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • predecessorn. 前辈,前任,原有事物
  • devotedadj. 投入的,深爱的 v. 投入 vbl. 投入
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • departuren. 离开,出发,分歧