英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第457期:逛街砍价英语必学
日期:2017-04-01 09:00

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: You've been working this guy for nearly 10 minutes, what, no sale yet?
京晶:你已经和这个摊主讲价讲了近10分钟了,怎么着,还没砍下来吗?
Mark: Ten minutes down the drain, the guy is really worth his salt in negotiations.
马克:10分钟都白费了,这个摊主真的很善于谈判讲价。
Vendor: So, what's your decision? I'm firm at 500. I'm afraid it's a take it or leave it deal.
摊主:怎么样,你决定了吗?我要价500不能再低了,你要不买的话恐怕也没办法了。
Mark: Come on, let's bust this stalemate. I told you I can't do it for more than 400, it's impossible.
马克:别啊,让我们打破僵局吧,我已经告诉您了,我最多只能付400,500不可能。
Jingjing: With all due respect, I think he's taking you for a ride, you know the rules, walk away, he'll call you back.
京晶:恕我直言,我觉得他在骗你,你知道的,只要你一走开,他就会立刻把你叫回来的。
Mark: No, not this time, I want this piece, I know exactly what it's worth and I know he's chiseling me out of a hundred kuai. Okay, I tell you what, you want 500? I'll give you 450, last offer.
马克:不,这次不行,我必须得到这个东西。我非常清楚它值多少钱,而且我知道他想赚我100块钱。好吧,这样吧,你不是想要500吗?我给你450,这是我最大的让步了。
Vendor: No can do, 500 is the bottom price, and to be honest, I like you and I don't want to continue our heckling.
摊主:不行,500就是最低价了。而且跟你讲实话,我很喜欢你,我不想再继续和你争了。
Mark: Tell you what, my friend and I will take a walk for an hour so you can think things over.
马克:那这样吧,我和我的朋友先去逛一个小时,你可以想一想。
Vendor: You can walk the length of the Great Wall, I'm telling you 500 is the price.
摊主:就算你爬一个万里长城回来,我还是这个价。
Jingjing: Mark, just do it! It's a really nice ring. I think 500 is worth it. It's a no win situation, just give him the money and let's leave.
京晶:马克,你就同意了吧,这戒指挺漂亮的,我觉得500也值,这么吵下去,你也赢不了他。给他500咱们走吧。
Mark: Okay, you win, I'll take it for 500.
马克:好吧,你赢了,500给你。

New words: 习语短语

to work somebody=企图和某人砍价
down the drain=白白浪费,通常用于钱和时间
worth one's salt=胜任的,非常有能力的
firm=坚定不变的
take it or leave it=最低价格,不买走人
take someone for a ride=欺骗某人
to chisel=欺骗
the bottom price=最低价
to heckle=激烈争吵
no win (situation)=不可能赢的局面

逛街砍价英语必学

Dialogue 2

Mark is testing his bargaining skills in the Silk Market, Jingjing plays the part of the Vendor.
马克正在秀水市场检验他的砍价技巧,京晶扮演商贩的角色。
Mark: Hey, what are you asking for that fabric?
马克:嘿,老板,这料子多少钱?
Vendor: I'll let it go for 600 kuai.
摊主:这卖600。
Mark: I think you jacked up the price, 600 is unreasonable. I'll give you 400 for it, what do you say?
马克:我觉得你价格抬太高了,600太贵了,我给你400行不行?
Vendor: You know the price and it's sticking. If you're short, why don't you go scrounge up the change from your friends.
摊主:一口价600。如果你钱不够的话,不如管你的朋友们讨点零钱用呗。
Mark: Very funny. Look, I know you'll let it go for 500, so let's just quit the haggling.
马克:呵呵,这样吧,我知道你500能卖,咱们就别再讨价还价了。
Vendor: No haggling, I'm firm at 600.
摊主:没跟你开玩笑,就是一口价600。
Mark: Come on, play fair! 500 is a good price!
马克:别这样,凭良心讲,500的价格不错了。
Vendor: Sorry, but not with this item, this is a fine piece of silk.
摊主:但对于这件商品来说不是,这可是上好的丝绸。
Mark: Okay, how about this, I'll meet you halfway and give you 550?
马克:好吧,那这样怎么样,我让一步,给你550?
Vendor: Hmm... Okay, I think that sounds fair. Here you go.
摊主:嗯,好吧,听起来还算公平,卖给你了。

New words: 习语短语

let (it) go=卖,出价
jack up (a price)=抬高价格
stick=不会改变
scrounge up=讨要,索取,借了就没打算还
quit the haggling=停止讨价还价
play fair=诚实公平一些,按规则办事
meet someone halfway=各让一步而达成一致,令双方都满意


分享到