英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第444期:悉尼交响乐团中国巡演
日期:2017-03-15 09:00

(单词翻译:单击)

Track One

This is my first time (in Beijing)—my first time in China.
这是我第一次(来北京),第一次来中国。
You had the experience of being on China's new railroad system.
你感受到了中国的新铁路运输系统。
It's absolutely amazing—I spent a lot of time in France as a Music Director and so I got to know the TGV—which the French are very proud of
太了不起了。我在法国当了很长一段时间的音乐总监,了解到了法国人引以为傲的法国高速列车。
It seems rather a slow boat by comparison to this train
跟现在(中国)这些列车相比,那就像是一艘慢悠悠的船。
It is just so pleasant to go into these stations
光是进入这些车站就很开心。
All of a sudden the train pulls up—you have a nice conversation and you are in a completely different place hundreds of kilometres away
忽然列车进站了(停下了)。(或者)当你完成了一段愉快的交谈后,就已置身几百公里的之外了。
Are you familiar with music such as 'Meet me in St Louis'?
你对“在圣路易斯遇见我”这样的乐曲熟悉吗?
I am indeed and sometimes have to correct things—When they have (singing) it is 'meet me in St Louis Louis'
我有时确实必须得纠正错误。(他唱到)应该是“在圣路易斯路易斯遇见我”。
It is just that they change the rhythm sometimes
是因为他们有时会改变节奏。
I've actually been in the railroad station at St Louis and actually saw the train 'Meet me in St Louis'
我在圣路易斯火车站的时候真的看到了“在圣路易斯见到我”这列火车。
It reminded me of another place in America—Chattanooga—Glen Miller The Chattanooga Choo Choo
这让我想起了美国的另一个地方:查特怒加市-格伦·米勒的那首The Chattanooga Choo Choo
The Chattanooga Choo Choo—there you are
The Chattanooga Choo Cho,你就在那里。
'You have your ham and eggs in Carolina' 'Woo woo Chattanooga there you are”
“你在加利福尼亚有火腿和鸡蛋吃”,Woo woo Chattanooga,你就在那里。
Rory—this is amazing having a musician singing to us!
Rory,你看,有一位音乐家给我们唱歌是不是很棒?
Well I am not going to sing to you—I leave that up to the professionals
我不会给你们唱的,我会留给专业人士去唱给你听。
You were back in Beijing are on a China tour—where have you been on this wandering around the country
现在回到北京了,您在中国巡演时,都去了哪些地方呢?
Amazingly we are almost half way through the tour—we started three days ago in Shanghai - performing at the Oriental Arts Centre
也是神奇,我们已经完成将近一半的旅程—3天前,我们在上海开始—在那里的东方艺术中心进行了演奏。
Then went to Jinan and performed in that fabulous new grand theatre there.
随后去了济南,在那里宏伟的新大剧院演奏。
Jumped on the high speed train and here we are in Beijing
然后乘上高铁,我们就到了这里—北京
Two concerts in the 'crown jewel' of arts centres in China—the NCPA (Which is National Centre for the Performing Arts )
在中国的艺术中心“皇冠上的宝石”— 国家大剧院进行了两场演奏会。

悉尼交响乐团中国巡演

Track Two

Looking over your past, Malibu must have been a lovely place to be brought up?
回顾你的过去,在马里布那个地方长大一定很不错吧?
It was idyllic with the mountains and the sea right there
它依山傍海,一派田园风光。
One of the things that has been nice for me getting to know Sydney has been—Sydney and Malibu share an ocean
有一件事我觉得还挺不错的,就是了解到悉尼与马里布共享一片海
As you may be aware, there are actual scents and fragrances that come from the Pacific that are like no other place.
也许您也注意到了,那里能闻到来自太平洋的海洋的香味,跟其他地方很不一样。
I haven't got close enough to the water here in China to check yet
在中国,我还没有来得及去海边看看
You were mentioning the National Centre for Performing Arts Rory.
你之前提到过国家表演艺术中心,罗里
It's a fabulous venue, you've been here, a couple of times now?
这可是个相当不错的表演场地,您都来过多次了吧?
Yes—we performed there when we toured to China in 2012 as well.
是的,2012年我们在中国巡演也是在那
It is a wonderful building but I think that the thing really impresses us most is just what a spectacular acoustic the hall has
那是一个雄伟的建筑,但给我们印象最深的是音乐厅所拥有的非凡的音响效果。
It shows the orchestra off to best effect
它将管弦乐器的声效展现的淋漓尽致
You know one of the great things about touring is that ability to be able to play in different halls everyday.
你知道巡演最爽的事就是在每天能在不同演奏厅里表演
The orchestra really get used to the flexibility required for that
管弦乐队也习惯了这种灵活性
I think the concert hall here has one of the finest acoustics anywhere in the world
我觉得这里的音乐厅有着世界级的,无与伦比的音响效果
We love playing here
我们很喜欢在这里演出
I always liked music—my whole family liked music—but no one is professional—I am the one who is crazy enough to think that was something one could actually pursue
我热爱音乐,我们全家人都热爱音乐,但没有一个人是专业的。而我是那个足够疯狂的认为音乐是一项可以追求的事业的人。
I went and studied in London at the Royal Academy of Music
我到伦敦的皇家音乐学院去学习
From there became a 'wandering minstrel' around lots of different places
从那以后,我成为了一个流浪歌手,在很多不同的地方表演。
And here I am
现在,我就在这里


分享到