TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(10)
日期:2017-03-13 10:33

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

We create our "others." As parents, as neighbors, as citizens,
是我们创造了“其他人”的概念。作为家长,邻居,公民,
we witness and sometimes ignore each other into being.
我们见证,有时也忽视他人的存在。
You were not born vengeful.
我们并非生来就复仇心切。
I have some role in whatever thirst you now feel for revenge,
我也饰演一些角色,无论你现在是多么渴望复仇,
and that thirst now tempts me to plot ever more elaborate escapes from our common life,
那些复仇的渴望感诱使我设计前所未有精密的路线,去逃离我们共同生活,
from the schools and neighborhoods and airports and amusement parks that we used to share.
逃离学校和邻里,逃离机场和游乐场,逃离那些我们曾经共有的地方。
We face, then, a problem not of these large, impersonal forces.
之后,我们面对的不是那些远大的非个人的问题,
We face a problem of your and my relations.
我们面对的是你我的关系问题。

献给所有迷失在这个时代的人

We chose ways of relating to each other that got us here.
我们选择了相互关联的方式,让我们走到了今天这地步。
We can choose ways of relating that get us out.
我们也可以选择相互关联的方式,让我们脱离这里。
But there are things we might have to let go of, fellow citizen,
但我们必须放弃一些,我亲爱的公民伙伴们,
starting with our own cherished versions of reality.
首先是我们自身珍视的现实视角。
Imagine if you let go of fantasies of a society purged of these or those people.
想像你们放弃那些对没有这样或那样人的社会的幻想。

演讲介绍

演讲者是纽约时报的专栏作者Anand Giridharadas,他在演讲中用一封信的形式讲述了这个时代人们的困惑,希望人们能够在这个瞬息万变的世界中把握好心态,不要因为先天的优势逐渐失去而产生怨恨,而应该用更加包容的,和谐的方式迎接未来。


分享到