英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第437期:看脸识人,英文版 "面相与命运"
日期:2017-03-06 09:00

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: Mark, what in the world are you doing?
京晶:马克,你这是在做什么哪?
Mark: I'm just smelling these wonderful flowers that I bought today. Aren't they beautiful?
马克:我只是在闻我今天买的这些美妙的花。她们漂亮吧?
Jingjing: (sniff sniff) I don't smell anything. Probably because my nose isn't as big as yours!
京晶:(闻了又闻)我没有闻到任何味道啊。可能是因为我的鼻子没有你的大吧!
Mark: Hey! Are you saying you don't like my big nose? Let me tell you, people with big schnozs are powerful people. The bigger the nose, the more powerful a person is.
马克:嘿!你是在嫌弃我的大鼻子么?告诉你吧,鼻子大的人都是强大的人。鼻子越大,人越厉害。
Jingjing: Oh,yeah? Well, I happen to know a few things about facial expressions and personality traits as well.
京晶:哦,是吗?我碰巧也知道些关于面部特征和个性的事情。
Mark: Yeah? Like what?
马克:是吗?比如呢?
Jingjing: Like my thick eyebrows mean I have a strong personality. So I guess we're both strong people then!
京晶:比如我浓浓的眉毛说明我个性很强。看来我们都是很强的人呢!
Mark: Well, you're probably jealous of my detached earlobes. They give me my great ability to make friends.
马克:不过你可能会嫉妒我的分离耳垂。他们赋予了我很强的能力来结交朋友。
Jingjing: Ha! My attached earlobes mean I'm a family person. It's true, I love my family more than anything else in the world!
京晶:哈!但我的附加耳垂意味着我是一个顾家的人。这是真的,我爱我的家人胜过一切!
Mark: Well, my high forehead resembles my high intelligence! Did you ever wonder why I always ace my tests?
马克:我还有宽额头,表示我智商高!你有没有想过,为什么我总是考得那么好?
Jingjing: Pffft, too bad you don't have beautiful thin locks of hair like me. They mean I have a sensitive and caring heart!
京晶:切,可惜你没有像我一样美丽的细头发。这意味着我有一颗敏感和关心他人的心!
Mark: Okay okay, let's cut the bickering. My stomach's growling. Can we talk about this over a bowl of soup please?
马克:好了好了,咱先别吵了。我的肚子都咕咕叫了。我们可以边喝碗汤边说吗?
Jingjing: Okay, fine, if you're cooking!
京晶:好的呀,只要你做饭就行!

New words: 习语短语:

schnoz=[俚语]大鼻子
detached earlobes=分离耳垂(耳垂未附连到面部)
attached earlobes=附加耳垂(耳垂与脸连接)
to ace (something)=善于做某事,能做到完美,毫无差错
lock (of hair)=[量词]一缕头发
to bicker=斗嘴,争辩

看脸识人,英文版

Dialogue 2

Mark and Jingjing sit down to have a bowl of soup. They continue their conversation.
马克和京晶坐下来喝汤,他们继续对话。
Mark: Okay, Jingjing, here is your fresh bowl of soup, oops! Oh, no! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to drop the soup! I'm so clumsy!
马克:京晶,这是你的汤。 哎呀!不好!对不起!我不是故意要洒你身上的!我太笨手笨脚了!
Jingjing: Oh, Mark! You split it all over my new shirt! Butter fingers! You should be more careful.
京晶:哦,马克!你泼在我的新衬衫上啦!太不靠谱啦!你应该小心点儿。
Mark: My bad! Are you okay? Here let me clean that up for you.
马克:是我的错!你还好吗?来,让我帮你清理一下。
Jingjing: I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm just giving you a hard time. I blame the accident on your thin lips.
京晶:我没事啦,逗你玩儿呢。这只能怪你的薄嘴唇。
Mark: My thin lips? What do you mean?
马克:我的薄嘴唇?什么意思?
Jingjing: Well, people with thin lips are said to be rather impatient. You should take your time and be careful.
京晶:嗯,嘴唇薄的人一般都没有耐心。你应该做事慢一点儿,小心一点儿。
Mark: Well, then tell me what it means to have a big nice kisser like yours.
马克:那像你这样性感的厚嘴唇又意味着什么呢?
Jingjing: People with thicker lips tend to inspire other people, and come off more enthusiastic.
京晶:厚嘴唇的人往往会给他人带来更多灵感,并且更有热情。
Mark: Hey, do my puffy cheeks mean anything?
马克:那,我的大脸蛋儿有什么讲头吗?
Jingjing: Actually, they do! Puffy cheeks mean you will make big bucks in the future!
京晶:还真有!大脸蛋儿说明你未来会赚大钱!
Mark: Sweet! You know, I was wondering... Where do you get your romantic and caring side from?
马克:太棒了!我在想……你浪漫和体贴的性格来自于什么面部特征呢?
Jingjing: That's from the warm glow in my eyes. Can't you tell?
京晶:我眼中放射出来的温暖的光芒啊。难道你看不出来吗?

New words: 习语短语

oops=哎呀,通常是犯了一个小失误
butter fingers=笨拙的人(抓不稳东西)
My bad.=[俗语]“对不起”或者“我不是故意的。”
give someone a hard time=捉弄人(开玩笑)
kisser=[俚语]嘴
big bucks=很多钱
Sweet!=太棒了!当你觉得某事非常好或者对某事非常满意的时候说。


分享到
重点单词
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,
  • bickervi. 斗嘴,闪烁,发出潺潺声 n. 口角,争吵,潺潺流
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • enthusiasticadj. 热情的,热心的
  • impatientadj. 不耐烦的,急躁的
  • clumsyadj. 笨拙的,笨重的,不得体的
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理