TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(4)
日期:2017-03-03 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I did notice the news about those parts of London becoming ghost quarters,
我注意到了那些关于伦敦市区空洞化的新闻,
where the global super-rich turn fishy money into empty apartments
在那儿,世界级富豪把现钱变为空洞公寓,
and price lifelong residents of a city, young couples starting out, out of their own home.
为城市定居居民定价,年轻夫妇从这儿离开,离开他们本来的家。
And I heard that the fabric of your life was tearing.
我听说是眼泪编织了你们的生活。
You used to be able to count on work, and now you couldn't.
你们曾经能指着工作过日子,而现在不行了。
You used to be able to nourish your children,
你们曾经能富养你们的孩子,
and guarantee that they would climb a little bit further in life than you had, and now you couldn't.
至少保证他们在人生中比你们自己爬得更高一些,但现在不行了。

献给所有迷失在这个时代的人

You used to be made to feel dignity in your work, and now you didn't.
你们曾经能在工作中找到尊严,但现在不行了。
It used to be normal for people like you to own a home, and now it wasn't.
在过去,像你们这样的人们,有个家是十分正常的事情,但现在却不是这样。
I cannot say I didn't know these things,
我不能否认,我很早就知道这些事,
but I was distracted creating a future in which we could live on Mars,
但是我却被分了神,去为人类在火星上的未来生活而奋斗
even as you struggled down here on Earth.
就算你们依然在地球上艰苦的过着日子
I was distracted innovating immortality,
我被分了神,去创造永生,
even as many of you began to live shorter lives than your parents had.
就在你们中很多人的寿命已开始短于你们父母那代人了。

演讲介绍

演讲者是纽约时报的专栏作者Anand Giridharadas,他在演讲中用一封信的形式讲述了这个时代人们的困惑,希望人们能够在这个瞬息万变的世界中把握好心态,不要因为先天的优势逐渐失去而产生怨恨,而应该用更加包容的,和谐的方式迎接未来。


分享到