TED十佳演讲之感动重临 用班卓琴来建设中美关系(2)
日期:2016-12-09 17:43

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

I knew I had to take a banjo with me to China.
我这时候知道我肯定会带着班卓琴去中国了
So before going to law school in China, I bought a banjo,
在出发去中国的法学院之前,我买了个班卓琴,
I threw it in my little red truck and I traveled down through Appalachia
把它扔进我的红色小皮卡里,然后我一路开到了阿巴拉契亚
and I learned a bunch of old American songs,
途中也学了一堆美国风老歌
and I ended up in Kentucky at the International Bluegrass Music Association Convention.
最后我来到了肯塔基的国际蓝草音乐联盟大会
And I was sitting in a hallway one night and a couple girls came up to me.
有天晚上我坐在走廊里,几个姑娘走了过来
And they said, "Hey, do you want to jam?" And I was like, "Sure."
她们问我:“嘿,来个小合奏呗?”我说:“成啊!”
So I picked up my banjo and I nervously played four songs that I actually knew with them.
然后我拿起班卓琴,非常紧张地和她们合奏了四首歌

用班卓琴来建设中美关系

And a record executive walked up to me and invited me to Nashville, Tennessee to make a record.
然后一个唱片公司的管理人员走了过来,然后邀请我去田纳西的纳什维尔(被称为音乐之都)录专辑
It's been eight years, and I can tell you that I didn't go to China to become a lawyer.
八年过去了,我没去中国当律师
In fact, I went to Nashville. And after a few months I was writing songs.
事实上,我去了纳什维尔。几个月之后我就开始自己写歌
And the first song I wrote was in English, and the second one was in Chinese.
第一首是用英文写的,第二首是中文
Outside your door the world is waiting. Inside your heart a voice is calling.
门外有个世界,心中有个声音
The four corners of the world are watching, so travel daughter, travel. Go get it, girl.
四方等你来啊,远行吧我的姑娘,去远行。去追逐你的梦

视频及简介

演讲简介

TED Fellow阿比盖尔·沃什伯恩本来想要当一名律师去促进中美关系——直到她拿起了班卓琴。她娓娓道来了一个感人的故事,告诉了我们她是怎样通过在中国和美国弹唱中文歌而为这两块大陆建立起了不同寻常的关系。


分享到