创业成功人士访谈录(MP3+中英字幕) 第109期:我们不需要花哨的外观(5)
日期:2016-10-17 15:15

(单词翻译:单击)

We’re just starting. We have to improve technologies like multicity search.

我们才刚刚开始。我们需要提高某些技术,如多城市搜索。

In some cases, we need to be able to search in nearby cities rather than doing multiple searches.

在某些情况下,我们需要搜索临近城市而不是多重搜索。

We always need to improve customer service

我们需要提高我们的客户服务水平,

—for example, we need better tools to detect and remove spam listings.

比如,我们需要更好的工具来寻找并剔除垃圾信息,

One thing we found doing customer service is that there are not that many bad guys out there,

在做客户服务期间,我发现,事实上坏人并不像想象的那么多,

that the people with good will far outnumber the bad guys.

好人远比坏人多,

However, the bad guys make a lot more noise.

但坏人制造的动静更大。

Is there anything you’d personally like to see happen with the site in the future?

你个人希望看到网站未来有什么变化吗?

Will we ever see a massive redesign from the white, mostly text-based listings to something with more pizzazz and color?

Craigslist网站会不会来个大规模重新设计?从原来的白色,文字为主的模式到漂亮的多彩设计?

We’re pretty much not really changing.

我们不会改变,

We do one thing well and we don’t want to screw it up.

我们现在做得很好,不想把事情搞糟。

And regarding our look and feel, someone said that our site has the visual appeal of a pipe wrench

关于我们网站的外观和感觉,有人说我们的网站在视觉上像管钳子,

and that was intended and taken as a compliment.

这就是我们要的。

We don’t need much new fancy stuff in general. We need tools that get the job done.

我们需要的不是花哨的外观,而是有用的工具。

Why has Craigslist been so successful?

为什么Craigslist这样成功,

How did you get the whole world to know about it and use it?

你是如何让全世界知道并使用它的?

There are some easy reasons.

原因都很简单。

We were an early mover doing what we do and it does help that the site is almost all free.

我们是最早做这个的,另外,免费也是一个原因。

We think we have a really good culture of trust and that’s because without consciously doing so,

我想我们有很好的信任文化,并不是有意去做,

we have stood by some core-shared values.

是因为我们有一些核心共享价值相伴。

The fundamental value is that we feel you should treat people like you want to be treated,

我们最基础的价值观是我们相信人们希望推己及人,

which means that you provide good customer service

也就是说,你给别人提供很好的客户服务,

and it means that you should have a “live and let live attitude,”

需要秉着和平共存相互宽容的态度,

and it means that now and then you give the other person a break.

需要不时地让别人喘□气,那么别人也会这样对你。

These are values that most everyone in the world shares.

几乎所有人都同意这点。

The problem that a lot of people have is following through with those values.

但是多数人的问题是说到容易做到难。

That’s hard to do sometimes.

有些时候这确实并非易事。

And I do want to add, that there’s nothing noble or altruistic or pious about this;

我想说的是,这并非什么高尚、无私或尽责,

it just feels right.

只是我们觉得这样做是对的。

分享到