TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):我们的大脑是如何交流的?(1)
日期:2016-09-27 11:15

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Imagine that you invented a device
想象你发明了一种设备
that can record my memories, my dreams, my ideas, and transmit them to your brain.
能记录我的记忆、我的梦想、我的想法,并且传到你的大脑。
That would be a game-changing technology, right?
那将是改变世界的新科技,对吧?
But in fact, we already possess this device,
但事实上,我们已拥有这样的设备,
and it's called human communication system and effective storytelling.
它被称为“人类沟通系统”和“有效率的说故事方式”。
To understand how this device works, we have to look into our brains.
为了解这系统如何运作,我们得先了解大脑,
And we have to formulate the question in a slightly different manner.
并且稍稍改变提问的方向。

我们的大脑是如何交流的?

Now we have to ask how these neuron patterns in my brain
我们改问:我大脑中跟记忆、想法相关的神经元图像,
that are associated with my memories and ideas are transmitted into your brains.
是如何被传输到你的脑里呢?
And we think there are two factors that enable us to communicate.
我们认为人能沟通须有两大因素。
First, your brain is now physically coupled to the sound wave that I'm transmitting to your brain.
首先,你的大脑必须在物理上和我正在对你讲话的声波耦合。
And second, we developed a common neural protocol that enabled us to communicate.
其次,我们有共通的神经通讯协议使我们能够沟通。
So how do we know that?
我们何以得知的呢?
In my lab in Princeton, we bring people to the fMRI scanner and we scan their brains
在普林斯顿的研究室里,我们对受测者进行功能性核磁共振仪扫描,
while they are either telling or listening to real-life stories.
就在他们讲述或聆听真实故事时扫描他们的大脑。
And to give you a sense of the stimulus we are using,
为让各位了解我们使用的刺激物,
let me play 20 seconds from a story that we used,
我从一段故事中截取了20秒来播放,
told by a very talented storyteller, Jim O'Grady.
由非常有才华的说故事人吉姆·奥格雷迪来向我们讲故事。

演讲介绍

演讲者乌里.哈森通过观察人的大脑在听到声音时不同的变化做出研究,得出在不同的语言背景下大脑接收相同意思的信息呈现相似的现象。同时,说话者与聆听者在共同点的驱动下,大脑活动也会出现相似的情况。最后演讲者鼓励观众保持与人联系,从中找到我们是谁的定义。


分享到
重点单词
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信
  • formulatevt. 用公式表示,系统地阐述
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • talentedadj. 有才能的,有天赋的
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • protocoln. 规章制度,草案,协议,外交礼仪
  • neuronn. 神经元,神经细胞
  • devicen. 装置,设计,策略,设备
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地