TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(10)
日期:2016-08-31 09:31

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Sometimes we may find that we don't take care of ourselves.
有时候我们对自己太狠。
I find, for example, after a period of pseudo-extroverted behavior,
我发现自己在假装外向性格一段时间之后,
I need to repair somewhere on my own.
我需要自己躲起来疗伤。
As Susan Cain said in her "Quiet" book,
就像苏珊·凯恩在《安静》这本书中所写,
in a chapter that featured the strange Canadian professor who was teaching at the time at Harvard,
其中一章提到一位古怪的加拿大教授,当时他在哈佛大学教书,
I sometimes go to the men's room to escape the slings and arrows of outrageous extroverts.
他有时候会跑到男厕所,为了躲避烦人的外向者投来的明枪暗箭。

性格的迷思--你究竟是谁

I remember one particular day when I was retired to a cubicle, trying to avoid overstimulation.
有一次我自己也躲进了小隔间,为了暂避外界纷扰。
And a real extrovert came in beside me -- not right in my cubicle, but in the next cubicle over
这时来了一个外向者到我旁边,当然不是在一个小隔间,是在我旁边的小隔间
and I could hear various evacuatory noises,
我听见了一连串物体落水的声音,
which we hate -- even our own, that's why we flush during as well as after.
这声音是很烦人的,哪怕是我们自己的,所以我们才会在上大号的中途也冲水。
And then I heard this gravelly voice saying,
随后我就听到了一个沙哑的声音,
"Hey, is that Dr. Little?"
“嘿,请问是利特尔博士吗?”
If anything is guaranteed to constipate an introvert for six months, it's talking on the john.
如果有什么事情能让内向者便秘6个月,那一定是在上大号的时候聊天。
That's where I'm going now. Don't follow me. Thank you.
我现在就想去洗手间静静。别跟着我。谢谢您啦。

演讲介绍

我是谁? 我真的了解自己吗? 心理学上常用一些性格特征给我们定义和分类, 本期TED演讲者Brian Little博士将为大家分享他在心理学领域的研究发现,帮助我们更清晰的认识自己,同时认识他人。


分享到