TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(7)
日期:2016-08-26 09:26

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I had a consulting contract I shared with a colleague who's as different from me as two people can possibly be.
我跟一名同事共同,负责一项咨询业务,我跟他是截然不同的两个人。
First, his name is Tom. Mine isn't.
首先,他叫汤姆。我不叫汤姆。
Secondly, he's six foot five. I have a tendency not to be.
其次,他身高1米96。我这辈子是不指望了。
And thirdly, he's as extroverted a person as you could find. I am seriously introverted.
第三点,他是个及其外向的人。而我十分内向。
I overload so much, I can't even have a cup of coffee after three in the afternoon and expect to sleep in the evening.
我心思很重,我要是下午三点之后喝了杯咖啡,那晚上就别想睡了。

性格的迷思--你究竟是谁

We had seconded to this project a fellow called Michael.
我们还有一个助手,叫麦克。
And Michael almost brought the project to a crashing halt.
麦克几乎把整个项目给搞砸了。
So the person who seconded him asked Tom and me,
麦克的继任者问我和汤姆,
"What do you make of Michael?"
“你们怎么评价麦克?”
Well, I'll tell you what Tom said in a minute. He spoke in classic "extrovert-ese."
我稍后再告诉你汤姆是怎么说的。他的回答是非常典型的外向型。
And here is how extroverted ears heard what I said, which is actually pretty accurate.
而我的回答嘛,其实在外向者听来应该是非常精确的。
I said, "Well Michael does have a tendency at times of behaving in a way that some of us might see
我说,“其实,麦克有时候的一些做法,在我们某些人看来
as perhaps more assertive than is normally called for."
也许过于自信了,可能有时候有点过分。”
Tom rolled his eyes and he said,
汤姆翻了个白眼说,
"Brian, that's what I said: he's an asshole!"
“布莱恩,这不就是我刚刚说的:他就是个混蛋!”

演讲介绍

我是谁? 我真的了解自己吗? 心理学上常用一些性格特征给我们定义和分类, 本期TED演讲者Brian Little博士将为大家分享他在心理学领域的研究发现,帮助我们更清晰的认识自己,同时认识他人。


分享到