TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):格格不入者的心声(1)
日期:2016-08-01 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So I know TED is about a lot of things that are big,
我知道TED总是谈一些大事
but I want to talk to you about something very small.
但是我想讲一件微不足道的小事
So small, it's a single word.
小到只有一个词
The word is "misfit."
“不适者。”
It's one of my favorite words, because it's so literal.
这是我最喜欢的词,因为简单明了
I mean, it's a person who sort of missed fitting in.
这样的人是一个无法融入,
Or a person who fits in badly.
或者融入得很差的人,
Or this: "a person who is poorly adapted to new situations and environments."
或者“一个很难适应新位置和新环境的人。”
I'm a card-carrying misfit.
我是真正的不适者。

格格不入者的心声

And I'm here for the other misfits in the room,
我代表其他屋子里的不适者站在这里,
because I'm never the only one.
因为我不是一个人。
I'm going to tell you a misfit story.
我将讲述一个不适者的故事。
Somewhere in my early 30s,
在我三十岁出头的时候,
the dream of becoming a writer came right to my doorstep.
成为作家的梦想在向我招手。
Actually, it came to my mailbox in the form of a letter that said
准确地说我在我的邮箱里发现了一封信,信上说
I'd won a giant literary prize for a short story I had written.
我写的小说为我赢得了一份大奖。
The short story was about my life as a competitive swimmer and about my crappy home life,
小说讲述了一名历经糟糕的家庭生活的优秀的游泳运动员的故事,
and a little bit about how grief and loss can make you insane.
还有一些关于悲痛和困惑如何让人抓狂的情节。
The prize was a trip to New York City to meet big-time editors and agents and other authors.
赢得的奖励是去纽约和知名的编辑、代理,和其他作家见面。
So kind of it was the wannabe writer's dream, right?
这是每个作家的梦想,对吧?
You know what I did the day the letter came to my house?
各位知道我看到信后做了什么吗?
Because I'm me,
因为我是不适者,
I put the letter on my kitchen table,
我把信放在厨房桌子上,
I poured myself a giant glass of vodka with ice and lime,
给自己倒了一大杯加了冰和柠檬的伏特加,
and I sat there in my underwear for an entire day, just staring at the letter.
就这样穿着内衣看着那封信坐了一整天。

演讲介绍

这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。


分享到
重点单词
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • mailboxn. 邮筒,邮箱
  • griefn. 悲痛,忧伤
  • literaladj. 逐字的,字面上的,文字的 n. 错误字体
  • literaryadj. 文学的
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的