英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第278期:战胜坏习惯
日期:2016-06-07 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Pee yew! What's that awful smell?
京晶:咿呀,什么味道这么难闻?
Xiaogao: Don't look at me! I took a shower today!
小高:别看我,我今天洗澡啦。
Jingjing: No, I mean… something smells like smoke.
京晶:不是……我是说好像有烟味。
Xiaogao: Oh, I recently picked up a bad habit. I started smoking a few weeks ago.
小高:哦,我最近养成了一个坏习惯,我几周前开始吸烟了。
Jingjing: Really? Why did you start doing that?
京晶:真的吗?你怎么开始的?
Xiaogao: I bummed a cigarette from my friend one day. After that, I got hooked.
小高:有一天我从我朋友那儿顺了一根烟,那之后我就上瘾了。
Jingjing: Well, I think you should kick the habit!
京晶:我觉得你应该改掉这个习惯。
Xiaogao: I want to, but it's really hard!
小高:我也想,但是真的很难。
Jingjing: You know what they say: Bad habits are like comfortable beds, easy to get into, hard to get out of.
京晶:俗话说得好,坏习惯就像舒适的床,上瘾容易,戒掉就难了。
Xiaogao: You can say that again. So, do you have any suggestions on how to quit?
小高:你说得太对了,那你有什么建议吗,怎么能戒烟?
Jingjing: I heard the patch works really well. Why don't you give it a try and see if it helps?
京晶:我听说戒烟贴片挺管用的,不如你试试?
Xiaogao: Okay, I'll give it a shot. Talk to you later!
小高:好的,我试试,回聊!
Jingjing: Later!
京晶:回聊!

New words for dialogue:
Pee yew!=\[语气词\]咿呀,闻到坏气味的时候用。
Don't look at me!=别看着我呀,不关我的事。
bad habit=坏毛病
bum (something)=借、拿某东西,通常是小东西,比如钱和烟。
get hooked (on something)=(对某事)上瘾
kick a habit=改掉习惯
Bad habits are like comfortable beds, easy toget into, hard to get out of.=坏习惯就像舒适的床,上瘾容易,戒掉就难了。
the patch=戒烟贴片,一种在美国很流行的戒烟方法。把贴片贴在身体上,就能在一段时间内帮助人体释放尼古丁。
give something a shot=尝试某事

战胜坏习惯

Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Hey, Xiaogao.Were you able to quit smoking yet?
京晶:嘿,小高,你戒烟成功了吗?
Xiaogao: Yes, thank God! It was really hard, but I finally did it.
小高:是的,谢天谢地,确实非常难,但我还是成功了。
Jingjing: I'm sure it was, after all, old habits die hard. So did you use the patch?
京晶:非常理解,毕竟习惯很难改变,那你用戒烟贴片了吗?
Xiaogao: No, the patch was a rip off, so I didn't buy it.
小高:没有。贴片太贵了,简直就是抢钱,所以我没买。
Jingjing: So how did you do it?
京晶:那你是怎么做到的?
Xiaogao: I went cold turkey. It's the cheapest and most effective method there is.
小高:我用的简单粗暴法,就是立刻停止吸烟,这是最便宜也最有效的方法了。
Jingjing: Wow, good for you! How do you feel now? Did you have any withdrawals?
京晶:哇,好样的,你现在感觉怎么样?有什么不舒服吗?
Xiaogao:For the first three days I had a headache,after that it was smooth sailing.
小高:前三天我一直头疼来着,但之后就一帆风顺了。
Jingjing: Well, I'm glad you've given yourself a new lease of life. In the future, don't bum anymore cigarettes!
京晶:哇,我很高兴你给了自己一个崭新的开始,以后可别再沾烟了。
Xiaogao: I learned my lesson, I won't make that mistake again!
小高:我已经吸取教训,不会再犯相同的错误了。
Jingjing: Good! Take care, Xiaogao.
京晶:很好,保重,小高。
Xiaogao: You too, Jingjing!
小高:你也是,京晶。

New words for dialogue:
Thank god!=谢天谢地!
Old habits die hard.=习惯很难改变。
go cold turkey.=立刻完全停止做某事,不借助任何药物的帮助,也不给自己留时间慢慢来。
withdrawals=副作用,瘾。因为没有获得足够自己已经上瘾的物质,例如咖啡因、尼古丁、酒精等,而造成的难受的感觉。
headache=头疼
a new lease of life=新面貌,在经历一段艰辛后迎来的崭新生活。
I learned my lesson.=吸取了教训。指某人犯过一次错误后,不会再犯类似的错误。

分享到
重点单词
  • smoothadj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • patchn. 补丁,小片 vt. 修补,补缀 n. 呆子
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的