TED十佳演讲之面对灾难:通过发短信来报告危机事件(2)
日期:2016-05-26 11:05

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

I'm here to talk about the next big thing,
我在这里要谈论另一件重要事情
because what we're finding out is that
因为我们发现
we have this capacity to report eyewitness accounts of what's going on in real time.
我们有能力根据目击者所叙述的真实情况进行实时报道
We're seeing this in events like Mumbai recently,
就像最近发生在孟买的几起事件让我们意识到这点
where it's so much easier to report now than it is to consume it.
现在在那里,报道消息比隐瞒消息变得容易多了
There is so much information; what do you do?
有这么多的信息,你要怎么做呢?
This is the Twitter reports for over three days just covering Mumbai.
这是三天以来Twitter的消息,仅仅关于孟买地区的消息

通过发短信来报告危机事件

How do you decide what is important?
你如何决定哪一条消息才是重要的呢?
What is the veracity level of what you're looking at?
而你所看到的消息,它们的真实性又有多高呢?
So what we find is that there is this great deal of wasted crisis information
我们发现充斥着大量多余的危机信息
because there is just too much information for us to actually do anything with right now.
因为对于我们来说存在着太多的信息需要马上处理
And what we're actually really concerned with is this first three hours.
而实际上我们真正关注的是头三个小时
What we are looking at is the first three hours.
我们在头三个小时所注意到的
How do we deal with that information that is coming in?
我们如何处理那些流进的信息呢?
You can't understand what is actually happening.
你不可能知道到底正在发生什么事情
On the ground and around the world people are still curious,
无论是在现场还是世界各地的人们都是很好奇的
and trying to figure out what is going on. But they don't know.
并尝试去了解清楚事情的进展。然而他们并不知情。
So what we built of course, Ushahidi, is crowdsourcing this information.
那么当然在Ushahidi我们所建立的正是要把这些信息人肉资源化
You see this with Twitter, too. You get this information overload.
你在Twitter上看到的情况也是一样的。你得到超负荷的信息。
So you've got a lot of information. That's great.
那么你得到了许多资信。那实在太好了。
But now what?
但是现在接下来呢?
So we think that there is something interesting we can do here.
于是我们想到我们能够做一些有趣的事情
And we have a small team who is working on this.
我们有一个小团队做这方面的工作
We think that we can actually create a crowdsourced filter.
我们觉得我们实际上能够创造一个人肉资源过滤器
Take the crowd and apply them to the information.
吸纳这些群众以及把他们应用到信息上
And by rating it and by rating the different people who submit information,
然后通过把它分等级类别把提交信息的人分不同等级类别
we can get refined results and weighted results.
我们能够得到精确的结果和衡量过的结果
So that we have a better understanding of the probability of something being true or not.
以致我们有一个更好的了解这些信息的真实程度
This is the kind of innovation that is,
这种革新
quite frankly -- it's interesting that it's coming from Africa.
十分直接——有趣的是这个革新来自非洲
It's coming from places that you wouldn't expect.
来自一些你意想不到的地方
From young, smart developers.
来自一群年轻有为的开发者
And it's a community around it that has decided to build this.
有一个围绕着它的共同团体决定要建立它
So, thank you very much.
最后,非常感谢大家
And we are very happy to be part of the TED family.
我们很高兴成为TED大家庭的一份子

视频及简介

演讲简介

在2009年的TED大会,埃里克-赫斯曼呈现了一个在Ushahidi的显赫故事。GoogleMap mashup程序令肯尼亚人能够通过手机发短信跟踪报道2008年大选后的暴力事件。随着系统的进一步发展,它继续在其他国家地区拯救生命。


分享到