TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:电击疗法如何改变了我(8)
日期:2016-04-12 10:58

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

And I've always felt guilty about that.
我一直感到心虚,
I've always felt that somehow I was an impostor
一直觉得自己有点像冒充的
because my readers don't know what I have just told you.
因为读者不知道我今天说的。
It's known by some people in New Haven, obviously, but it is not generally known.
很明显,纽黑文市有人知道,但一般来说,这不为人知。
So one of the reasons that I have come here to talk about this today
所以今天我来这里分享的原因之一是
is to -- frankly, selfishly --
坦白说,是自私地
unburden myself and let it be known
解除我自己的心理负担,让大众知道
that this is not an untroubled mind that has written all of these books.
写就这些书并非是无所忧虑的。
But more importantly, I think,
更重要的是,我认为,
is the fact that a very significant proportion of people in this audience are under 30,
在座的相当一拨人年纪不满30岁,
and there are many, of course, who are well over 30.
当然,也有很多超过30岁的。
For people under 30, and it looks to me like almost all of you
对于30以下的人,在我看来,几乎你们所有人
I would say all of you
你们所有人
are either on the cusp of a magnificent and exciting career
要么在美好生涯尖峰
or right into a magnificent and exciting career: anything can happen to you.
要么正要步入美好生涯,任何事情都可能发生在你身上。
Things change. Accidents happen.
世事难料。祸福无常。

电击疗法如何改变了我

Something from childhood comes back to haunt you.
童年记忆可能回来纠缠你,
You can be thrown off the track.
你可能困顿茫然。
I hope it happens to none of you,
我希望不要发生在你们身上,
but it will probably happen to a small percentage of you.
但少部分人可能会碰上。
To those to whom it doesn't happen, there will be adversities.
即使不碰到这样的经历,也有人生逆境。
If I, with the bleakness of spirit,
假如连我这个希望渺茫,
with no spirit, that I had in the 1970s and no possibility of recovery,
1970年时根本全然绝望的灵魂,不可能康复
as far as that group of very experienced psychiatrists thought,
至少那群资深精神科医师这么认为,
if I can find my way back from this,
如果我能熬过去
believe me, anybody can find their way back from any adversity that exists in their lives.
相信我,任何人都能熬过来,克服生活中的任何逆境。
And for those who are older, who have lived through perhaps not something as bad as this,
年长的人,已然有了生活,可能没这么糟糕
but who have lived through difficult times,
但也经历坎坷
perhaps where they lost everything, as I did,
可能如我样失去所有,
and started out all over again, some of these things will seem very familiar.
并从头再来,一些事情似曾相熟。
There is recovery.
你可以康复。
There is redemption. And there is resurrection.
可以救赎,重获新生。
There are resurrection themes in every society that has ever been studied,
每个社会都有重获新生的故事
and it is because not just only do we fantasize about the possibility of resurrection and recovery,
这是因为我们不仅是幻想重生和康复的可能性
but it actually happens. And it happens a lot.
而且它确实发生,而且它多有所闻。
Perhaps the most popular resurrection theme,
或许最经常听到的重生故事
outside of specifically religious ones,
除了宗教事务外
is the one about the phoenix, the ancient story of the phoenix,
就是有关凤凰的古老神话
who, every 500 years, resurrects itself from its own ashes
每500年,它会从自己的灰烬中浴火重生
to go on to live a life that is even more beautiful than it was before.
展开新的生命,更加美妙的新生命
Richard, thanks very much.
理查,非常感谢。

视频及简介

演讲简介

医生兼作家-舍温纽兰讨论电击疗法的发展,它可用于治疗危及生命的抑郁症,包括治愈了他自己的病症。这是一个关于治疗、救赎以及第二次生命的感人至深的演讲。


分享到
重点单词
  • recoveryn. 恢复,复原,痊愈
  • hauntn. 常到的地方 vt. 常到,缠住,出没(像鬼魂一样)
  • adversityn. 不幸,灾难
  • proportionn. 比例,均衡,部份,(复)体积,规模 vt. 使成比
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • impostorn. 冒充者,骗子
  • themen. 题目,主题