公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第271期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学12
日期:2016-03-25 11:36

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

So you all should be very proud of this community

所以 你们有理由为这个群体感到自豪

But graduates, graduates

但毕业生们 毕业生们

you can't stop serving once you leave here

离开这里之后 你也不应停止服务

Whether you've worn our country's uniform or not

不管是否身着美国军队的军装

we're all called to serve and to give back to those of around us

我们都有服务的使命 以及帮助周围人的使命

And you don't have to travel across the globe or even across the country

你不需要走遍全球 或者走遍全国

to find ways to serve

去寻找服务方式

All you have to do is take a look around your own community

你只需要放眼社区四周

Are there kids in your neighborhood who could use a mentor?

邻里之间是否有需要良师益友的孩子

Can you volunteer with an organization that serves military families?

有没有志愿者组织可以加入 帮助服务于军人家庭

Can you pick up a few extra cans of vegetables

有没有多出来的蔬菜罐头

and donate them to a food bank?

捐助到食物银行

I mean, these things may seem so small, but they really make a difference

这些东西看起来很小 但它们确实具有重要意义

Because when you've worked hard and done well, as I said

因为当你努力并取得成功之后

the least you can do is reach back

你至少可以伸出援手

and give a hand to somebody else who could use that help

帮助那些需要帮助的人

We can all find a way

我们都能找到一种方式

to open our arms and welcome folks around us into our lives and our communities

张开双臂 将周围的人迎接到我们的生活和社区之中

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介

本视频是美国总统夫人米歇尔·奥巴马在东肯塔基大学2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。东肯塔基大学在美国以为退伍军人提供帮扶和大学教育而著名,并因此获得白宫的关注。米歇尔在东肯塔基大学的演讲围绕服务这一主题,鼓励毕业生秉承东肯塔基大学的传统服务精神。同时,她希望学生能与不同于自己的人多交流,敞开思想,这样才不至于会固执己见、陷入偏执。

分享到
重点单词
  • uniformn. 制服 adj. 一致的,统一的 vt. 穿制
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • donatevt. 捐赠,转移(电子) vi. 捐款
  • mentorn. 指导者 vt. 指导
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落