英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第235期:万能的网络,超能的网课
日期:2016-03-09 14:13

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1

Xiao Gao: Hey, I thought you were supposed to have class now? What are you doing at your home?
小高:嘿,我还以为你今天要上课呢,你在家干什么呢?
Jingjing: I am having class. Can't you see?
京晶:我正在上课呀,你没看见吗?
Xiao Gao: What do you mean? You're at your home on your computer.
小高:什么意思?你这不是在家对着电脑呢吗?
Jingjing: That's right. It's called online learning. Come on! Get with the times! A lot of people are taking classes online now. It's perfect for workaholics like me.
京晶:对呀,这个叫网上课堂,老土了吧,很多人现在都在上网课呢,对于像我这样的工作狂来说简直太适合了。
Xiao Gao: So you mean you can actually get a college degree from learning online?
小高:所以你是说,你只上这个网课就能拿到大学文凭吗?
Jingjing: That's right. And not only that, you can go online and learn just about anything. Right now, I'm studying economics. The best thing is: I can choose the time I want to study. The time isn't set in stone.
京晶:是呀,不止如此,你可以通过上网课学习任何学科,现在我就在学经济学。最好的就是,我可以任意选择我想学习的时间,上课时间不是固定的。
Xiao Gao: I had no idea that you could learn online.
小高:我都不知道原来还有网课这回事。
Jingjing: Yeah, you should jump on theband wagon and study online too.
京晶:当然有了,你也应该跟上潮流上上网课。
Xiao Gao: I'd love to. Maybe next semester I can pick some online classes. Right now my thesis is driving me bonkers.
小高:我非常乐意,也许下个学期我就开始。不过现在我的论文快让我抓狂了。
Jingjing: What are you so stressed about? I thought you had the whole semester to get it done?
京晶:你在抓狂什么啊?你不是有一整个学期来准备吗?
Xiao Gao: Yeah I did, but I procrastinated until the very last minute.Now I'm paying the price.
小高:是的,确实是,但我一般都会拖延到最后一分钟,现在我得付出代价了。
Jingjing: Well, just take it easy. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know?
京晶:别急,慢慢来,罗马城又不是一日建成的。
Xiao Gao: Yeah, I know.
小高:是啊,我也明白。

习语短语
1.Get with the times! = 与时俱进吧,跟上潮流吧!
2.workaholic = 工作狂
3.set in stone = 永久不变的
4.jump on the bandwagon = 赶上潮流
5.thesis = 论文
6.bonkers = (口语)疯狂的
7.procrastinate = 拖延
8.pay the price (forsomething)= 付出代价
9.Rome wasn't built in a day. = 罗马城不是一日建成的。

万能的网络,超能的网课

Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Hey, Xiao Gao, good thing you're here. My computer crashed and now I can't boot it. I have to finish my homework by the end of the day. Can you help me out?
京晶:嘿,小高,太好了你在这儿。我的电脑死机了,开不了机了,但我今天必须完成我的作业,你能帮帮我吗?
Xiao Gao: Sure, I'll take a look at it. And after we get it up and running, can you help me find some good online learning web sites?
小高:没问题,我来看看。我帮你修好之后你能帮我找找能上网课的网站吗?
Jingjing: I don't know, Xiao Gao. I'm really pressed for time with this homework…
京晶:我不知道,小高,我写作业的时间真的非常紧迫。
Xiao Gao: Oh,come on! You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. It's only fair!
小高:哎呀,你帮帮我,我帮帮你,这才公平嘛。
Jingjing: Alright, you win. Here, see if you can fix it.
京晶:好吧,你赢了,快来看看能不能修修修好它。
(Xiao Gao fixesJingjing's computer) (小高帮京晶修电脑)
Jingjing: Wow! It works! You really are a Jack of all trades! You know how to fix cars,bathrooms, and now… computers!
京晶:哇哦,电脑启动了,小高你真是什么都会呀!你知道怎么修车、怎么修厕所,就连电脑都会修!
Xiao Gao: I'm glad I could help. Now it's your turn help me out.
小高:我很高兴我能帮到你,现在轮到你帮我了。
Jingjing: Xiao Gao… I'm sorry but I really need to get my homework done.
京晶:小高,不好意思,但我真的要赶我的功课了。
Xiao Gao: Ohhh, so you're gonna renegeon our deal? That's cold!
小高:啊,你要反悔吗?这也太不靠谱了(太令人心寒了)。
Jingjing: Please, you don't understand how important this is to me. Can I just help you out tomorrow?
京晶:求你了,你不知道这作业对我有多重要,我能明天帮你吗?
Xiao Gao: Hmmf! Okay, but do you promise that you'll help me out?
小高:哎,好吧!不过你能保证帮我吗?
Jingjing: I promise!
京晶:我保证。

习语短语
1.crash = 死机
2.boot (anelectronic device) = 启动(某个电子设备)
3.pressed for time= 时间紧迫
4.You scratch myback, I'll scratch yours. = 你帮我挠挠背,我帮你挠挠背(你帮帮我,我帮帮你,互相帮助)。
5.Jack of alltrades = 某人各种工作都干得很好,一个什么都会做的人
6.renege = 反悔

分享到
重点单词
  • devicen. 装置,设计,策略,设备
  • renegev. 背信,违约
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • procrastinatev. 延迟,迁延,耽搁
  • wagonn. 四轮马车,货车 v. 用四轮马车运