TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何推翻独裁统治(3)
日期:2016-01-06 18:18

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The rest is the year in front of us. And guess what?
此后一年间发生的事情我们已经熟知。
The same Generation Epsilon with their rules,
这一代人有着自己规则,
with their tools, with their games and with their language,
自己的工具,自己的游戏和自己的语言,
which sounds a little bit strange to me. I am 38 now.
这种语言对我来说有些奇怪。我今年38岁了。
And can you look at the age of the people on the streets of Europe?
再看看欧洲街头示威人群的年龄组成?
It seems that Generation Epsilon is coming.
年轻一代正在走上政治舞台。
Now let me set another example.
现在请允许我再举一个例子。
I'm meeting different people throughout the world,
我与来自世界各地的很多人讨论过这个话题,
and they are, you know, academics and professors and doctors, and they will always talk conditions.
学者、教授、医生都有,他们都喜欢讲条件。
They will say, People power will work only if the regime is not too oppressive.
他们会说,只有政权对于人民的压迫过于深重的时候,人民的力量才会起作用。
They will say, People power will work if the annual income of the country is between X and Z.
他们还说:如果该国年人均收入在X和Z之间人民的力量才会起作用。
They will say, People power will work only if there is a foreign pressure.
他们说:只有外国施加压力时,人民的力量才会起效。
They will say, People power will work only if there is no oil.
他们说,只有在不牵涉的石油的情况下人民的力量才会起效。
And, I mean, there is a set of conditions.
这些条件确实存在。
Well, the news here is that your skills that you bring in the conflict seem to be more important than the conditions,
然而,真正的重点是,应对冲突的技能似乎比这些条件更加重要,
namely skills of unity, planning,
它们分别是团结、规划,
and maintaining nonviolent discipline.
和坚持和非暴力斗争。
Let me give you the example.
请允许我再举一个例子。
I am coming from a country called Serbia.
我来自塞尔维亚。
It took us 10 years to unite 18 opposition party leaders,
我们花了10年的时间才联合18个自恃甚高的反对党领袖,
with their big egos, behind one single candidate against Balkan dictator Slobodan Milosevic.
选出一个候选人对抗巴尔干独裁者斯洛博丹·米洛舍维奇。
Guess what? That was the day of his defeat.
你猜结果怎样?他的末日就此到来。
You look at the Egyptians, they fire on Tahrir Square,
再看埃及人,他们在解放广场上示威时,
they get rid of their individual symbols.
去除了所有个人符号。
They appear on the street only with the flag of Egypt.
他们走上街头时只带着埃及国旗。
I will give you a counter-example.
请允许我再举一个反例。
You see nine presidential candidates running against Lukashenko.
有9个候选人和卢卡申科竞争总总统职位。
You will know the outcome.
结果不言而喻。
So unity is a big thing, and this can be achieved.
因此,团结非常重要,而且也不难做到。
Same with planning. Somebody has lied to you about the successful and spontaneous nonviolent revolution?
事先计划也是一样。有人跟你提到过成功的自发非暴力革命?


演讲介绍

2011年,团结一心的人民掀起了一场又一场非凡的抵抗运动,反抗的火焰从阿拉伯之春蔓延到了整个世界。这种反抗运动为何如此有效?(2000年曾在塞尔维亚领导过推翻米洛舍维奇的非暴力抵抗运动的)Srdja Popovic介绍了组织此类活动所需的策略、技能和工具。

分享到
重点单词
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • nonviolentadj. 非暴力的
  • spontaneousadj. 自发的,自然产生的
  • oppressiveadj. 压迫的,沉重的,压抑的
  • regimen. 政体,制度 n. 养生法(=regimen)
  • symbolsn. 符号;象征;标志;符号表(symbol的复数)
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • outcomen. 结果,后果