TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何推翻独裁统治(1)
日期:2016-01-04 17:12

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Good afternoon. I am proud to be here at TEDxKrakow.
下午好。能来到TEDxKrakow(克拉科夫,波兰城市)我非常骄傲。
I'll try to speak a little bit today about a phenomenon which can and is actually changing the world,
今天我要说一说一个有能力并且正在改变世界的现象,
and whose name is people power.
这个现象就是人民的力量。
I'll start with the anecdote, or for those of you who are Monty Python lovers, a Monty Python type of sketch.
让我先来与你们分享一段轶事,如果你们喜欢猛踢蒙提·派森的话,这就是一个蒙提·派森式的小品。
Here it is. It is December 15, 2010.
故事是这样的。2010年12月15日。
Somebody gives you a bet. You will look at a crystal ball and you will see the future. The future will be accurate.
有人和你打赌。赌约是,你可以从水晶球里准确地看到未来。
But you need to share it with the world. Okay?
但是你必须把你所看到的公之于众。你愿意吗?
Curiosity killed the cat. You take the bet.
好奇心杀死猫。你接受挑战。
You look at the crystal ball. One hour later,
看了水晶球。一个小时之后,
you are sitting in a building on the national TV in a talkshow, and you tell the story.
你在全国性的电视台的大楼里做脱口秀节目,讲述你在水晶球里看到的事情。
Before the end of 2011, Ben Ali and Mubarak and Gaddafi will be down and prosecuted.
2011年结束之前,本·阿里、穆巴拉克和卡扎菲都会垮台并被起诉。
Saleh of Yemen and Assad of Syria would be either challenged or already on their knees.
也门的萨利赫和叙利亚的阿萨德会受到挑战甚至屈服于压力。
Osama bin Laden will be dead,
奥萨马·本·拉登会死去,
and Ratko Mladic will be in the Hague.
拉科˙穆拉迪契会在海牙国际法庭受审。
Now, the anchor watches you with a strange gaze on his face,
现在,主持人用一种奇怪的眼神凝视着你,
and then on the top of it you add,
然后你又补充道,
And thousands of the young people from Athens, Madrid and New York will demonstrate for social justice,
在雅典、马德里和纽约,成千上万的年轻人会走上街头,声称自己受阿拉伯世界影响,
claiming that they are inspired with Arabs.
要为社会公正示威。
Next thing you know, two guys in white appear.
接下来,两个身着白衣的人出现。
They give you the strange t-shirt,
给你一件古怪的T恤,
take you to the nearest mental institution.
把你送到最近的精神病院。

演讲介绍

2011年,团结一心的人民掀起了一场又一场非凡的抵抗运动,反抗的火焰从阿拉伯之春蔓延到了整个世界。这种反抗运动为何如此有效?(2000年曾在塞尔维亚领导过推翻米洛舍维奇的非暴力抵抗运动的)Srdja Popovic介绍了组织此类活动所需的策略、技能和工具。

分享到
重点单词
  • sketchn. 素描,草图,概述,梗概 v. 速写,草拟,(简略地
  • anecdoten. 轶事,奇闻
  • institutionn. 机构,制度,创立
  • demonstratevt. 示范,演示,证明 vi. 示威
  • phenomenonn. 现象,迹象,(稀有)事件
  • accurateadj. 准确的,精确的
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • inspiredadj. 有创见的,有灵感的
  • crystaln. 水晶,晶体 adj. 晶体的,透明的
  • curiosityn. 好奇,好奇心