经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第46期
日期:2015-12-21 15:09

(单词翻译:单击)

"Then this house does not belong to that tall lady who wears a watch, and who said we were to have some bread and cheese?"
"那这幢大楼不属于那位戴着手表、告诉我们可以吃面包和乳酪的高个子女人了?"
"To Miss Temple? Oh, no! I wish it did. She has to answer to Mr. Brocklehurst for all she does.
"属于坦普尔小姐?啊,不是!但愿是属于她的。她所做的一切要对布罗克赫斯特先生负责,
Mr. Brocklehurst buys all our food and all our clothes."
我们吃的和穿的都是布罗克赫斯特先生买的。"
"Does he live here?"
"他住在这儿吗?"
"No. Two miles off, at a large hall."
"不。住在两路外,一个大庄园里。"
"Is he a good man?"
"他是个好人吗?"
"He is a clergyman, and is said to do a great deal of good."
"他是个牧师,据说做了很多好事。"
"Did you say that tall lady was called Miss Temple?"
"你说那个高个子女人叫坦普尔小姐?"
"Yes."
"不错。"
"And what are the other teachers called?"
"其他教师的名字叫什么?"
"The one with red cheeks is called Miss Smith.
"脸颊红红的那个叫史密斯小姐。

经典文学《简·爱》

She attends to the work, and cuts out - for we make our own clothes, our frocks, and pelisses, and everything.
她管劳作,负责裁剪-因为我们自己做衣服、罩衣、外衣,什么都做。
The little one with black hair is Miss Scatcherd.
那个头发黑黑的小个子叫做斯卡查德小姐。
She teaches history and grammar, and hears the second class repetitions.
她教历史、语法,听第二班的朗诵。
And the one who wears a shawl, and has a pocket-handkerchief tied to her side with a yellow ribband, is Madame Pierrot.
那位戴披巾用黄缎带把一块手帕拴在腰上的人叫皮埃罗夫人。
She comes from Lisle, in France, and teaches French."
她来自法国里尔,教法语。"
"Do you like the teachers?"
你喜欢这些教师吗?"
"Well enough."
"够喜欢的。"
"Do you like the little black one, and the Madame? I cannot pronounce her name as you do."
"你喜欢那个黑乎乎的小个子和××太太吗?我没法把她的名字读成像你读的那样。"
"Miss Scatcherd is hasty. You must take care not to offend her; Madame Pierrot is not a bad sort of person."
"斯卡查德小姐性子很急,你可得小心,别惹她生气;皮埃罗太太倒是不坏的。"
"But Miss Temple is the best, isn't she?"
"不过坦普尔小姐最好,是不是?"
"Miss Temple is very good and very clever.
"坦普尔小姐很好,很聪明。
She is above the rest, because she knows far more than they do."
她在其余的人之上,因为懂得比她们多得多。"
"Have you been long here?"
"你来这儿很久了吗?"
"Two years."
"两年了。"
"Are you an orphan?"
"你是孤儿吗?"
"My mother is dead."
"我母亲死了。"
"Are you happy here?"
"你在这儿愉快吗?"
"You ask rather too many questions. I have given you answers enough for the present. Now I want to read."
你问得太多了。我给你的回答已经足够,现在我可要看书了。"
But at that moment the summons sounded for dinner. All re-entered the house.
但这时候吃饭铃响了。大家再次进屋去。
The odour which now filled the refectory was scarcely more appetising than that which had regaled our nostrils at breakfast.
弥漫在餐厅里的气味并行比早餐时扑鼻而来的味儿更诱人。
The dinner was served in two huge tin-plated vessels, whence rose a strong steam redolent of rancid fat.
午餐盛放在两十大白铁桶里,热腾腾冒出一股臭肥肉的气味。

分享到
重点单词
  • rancidadj. 腐臭的,令人反感的
  • refectoryn. 食堂;(修道院,学院等处的)餐厅
  • offendvt. 犯罪,冒犯 vi. 令人不适,违反
  • hastyadj. 匆匆的,轻率的,急忙的
  • redolentadj. 有 ... 香味的,令人想起 ... 的