公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第169期:比尔·奈马萨诸塞大学2014(16)
日期:2015-10-28 17:15

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Directs a great deal of that bucket blast around your waistband.

仍然会将大量的水引向你的腰间。

So you get a lot less cold water in your trousers.

抽出下摆 能够让水较少地流进裤子里。

I know this to be true.

我知道这是真的。

Because I did it many times on the science show.

因为我在科学秀中做过很多次。

Mine was unique experience.

这是我独特的经验。

I'm telling you this just because it's not useful, I mean, obviously.

我讲这些 倒不是因为这些建议很有用。

But because there is a big idea here.

而是因为这里有一个启示。

Everyone you'll ever meet know something that you don't.

你所碰到的每个人都会知道某件你所不知道的事。

This is troubling, for many of us know-it-alls.

这对于我们这些自认博学多才的人而言 非常让人困扰。

Auto mechanics today know how to debug software.

如今的汽车机械师知道如何调试软件。

Cooks know how to use copper to control the proteins in eggs.

厨师知道如何使用铜来控制鸡蛋中的蛋白质。

Bricklayers have an intimate knowledge of the strength of materials.

砖瓦匠对材料强度有很多经验知识。

that most of us will never have.

这是我们无法拥有的。

So respect their knowledge, learn from them.

尊重他们的知识 从他们那里学习。

It will bring out the best in both of you.

这会让你受益匪浅。

And by the way, once in a while, you've got to pick up other people's trash.

顺便说下 偶尔 你们应当捡起别人丢掉的东西。

Once in a while, to do a good job, you've got to take a bucket of water to the face.

偶尔 为了做好工作 你需要准备好被淋一头冷水。

Along with all this troubling business of climate change.

除了气候变化的麻烦问题之外。

along with this clearly sage advice.

除了上面那些哲理建议之外。

as the CEO of the Planetary Society.

作为行星协会的CEO。

I want you all to keep looking up.

我希望你们都能一直往上看。

keep looking up and out into the cosmos.

往上 往外 看那无尽的宇宙。

Question things.

提出问题。

There are 2 questions that we all ask.

有两个问题我们所有人都在问。

And I say if you meet people that say they've never asked this 2 questions.

如果有人跟你说自己没问过这两个问题。

they're lying to you, they're kidding you.

那肯定是在撒谎 是在开玩笑。

Where did we come from? Where did we all come from?.

一是我们所有人来自哪里。

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
比尔·奈是美国著名科普专家,曾负责美国迪士尼公司制作的著名科教节目《比尔教科学》,并因此蜚声国内外。本视频是比尔·奈于2014年在马萨诸塞大学洛厄尔分校毕业典礼上的演讲,重点谈到了气候变化、探索宇宙等科学问题,勉励学生加入到科学世界的探索中来,并以此改变世界。


分享到
重点单词
  • mechanicsn. 力学,机械学,(技术的,操作的)过程,手法
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • uniqueadj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的
  • trousersn. 裤子
  • sagen. 圣人,哲人 n. 鼠尾草,蒿属植物 adj. 贤明
  • intimateadj. 亲密的,私人的,秘密的 n. 密友 vt. 透
  • planetaryadj. 行星的,有轨道的
  • bucketn. 水桶 vt. 装在桶里 vi. 急急忙忙
  • cosmosn. 宇宙 (复数)cosmos或cosmoses:大波