公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第168期:比尔·奈马萨诸塞大学2014(15)
日期:2015-10-26 17:10

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

is a consequence of ultraviolet light, of latitude and climate.

这只不过是紫外线 纬度和气候造成的。

There really is no such thing as race.

实际上并没有什么"种族"。

We're one species, each of us much much more alike than we are different.

我们都是一个物种 相似性要远大于差异性。

We all came from Africa.

我们都来自非洲。

Thank you.

谢谢。

We're are all made of the same stardust.

我们都由相同的星尘组成。

We're all live and die on the same planet.

我们都在同一颗行星上生老病死。

this pale blue dot in the vastness of space.

地球也不过是无尽宇宙中的一个淡蓝色小点。

Along with all the stuff about making new great discoveries and changing the world.

除了让你们从事新的伟大发现和改变世界以外。

I'd like to give you some advice.

我还想给你们一些实际建议。

I mean, this is your commencement for crying out loud.

毕竟这是你们的毕业典礼。

just some plain old advice, like.

一些老掉牙的建议 例如。

if you smell fresh paint, don't walk under the latter.

闻到刚刷油漆的味道时 不要从梯子下走过。

Wear shoes in a thumbtack factory.

在图钉工厂中走动时务必穿鞋。

And don't try to smoke in the rain.

不要试图在雨中吸烟。

In fact, don't try to smoke at all.

实际上 任何时候都不要抽烟。

And let me say congratulations, UMass Lowell, it's always smoke free.

我要恭喜马萨诸塞大学洛厄尔分校 这里从来就是无烟区。

Now so here's what I think is an unusual piece of advice.

下面这条建议我认为很不寻常。

But if you're going to get a bucket of water thrown in your face.

如果有一桶水被泼到了你脸上。

untuck your shirt.

将扎好的衬衣抽出来。

and you wouldn't think it would make that much difference.

也许你并不觉得这样做有什么不同。

A cotton shirt like this one is hydrophilic.

像这样的棉衬衣是吸水的。

Water is going to stick to it, true enough.

水会被它吸附 没错。

but a shirttail, even a water-loving shirttail.

但是衬衣下摆 哪怕是吸水的衬衣下摆。

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
比尔·奈是美国著名科普专家,曾负责美国迪士尼公司制作的著名科教节目《比尔教科学》,并因此蜚声国内外。本视频是比尔·奈于2014年在马萨诸塞大学洛厄尔分校毕业典礼上的演讲,重点谈到了气候变化、探索宇宙等科学问题,勉励学生加入到科学世界的探索中来,并以此改变世界。


分享到
重点单词
  • bucketn. 水桶 vt. 装在桶里 vi. 急急忙忙
  • consequencen. 结果,后果
  • commencementn. 开始,毕业典礼
  • planetn. 行星
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • latituden. 纬度,界限,自由选择权
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • unusualadj. 不平常的,异常的